For example, you are going to the movies and still want to know it rings, just don't want the whole world to know...
    11-30-07 10:34 PM
    I figured it out...
    11-30-07 10:38 PM
    You can set one of your convenience keys on the side to go on the 'Profiles' menu automatically, but you'll have to give up your Push-To-Talk button or camera button.
    11-30-07 11:22 PM
    I noticed that there is a speaker on the $ key would that not be used to silent the phone? I have tried it and it dont seem to work if you know how it works assist please
    11-30-07 11:46 PM
    simplest way I can think of is by going to profiles and choosing vibrate as your profile. That should still allow you to know when a call is coming in. Cik is right if yo set one of your convenience keys to bring up profiles, yo save yourself a couple of steps.
    12-01-07 12:56 AM
    I noticed that there is a speaker on the $ key would that not be used to silent the phone? I have tried it and it dont seem to work if you know how it works assist please
    That would be the speakerphone activation/deactivation key. Press once during a call, or while call is being placed...the speakerphone is activated. Press again at any time during the call...the speakerphone is deactivated.

The problem of easily and quickly setting the phone to silent ring or vibrate-only for a meeting, movie or church environment is one of the few annoying "bugs" that the BB engineers have not added to the 83xx lineup...and should definately be there. If someone has an easier/faster way to do this without having to sacrifice a soft key, or go all the way into Profiles to make the change...please let us know!!
    Last edited by davistld01; 12-01-07 at 06:11 AM.
    12-01-07 06:09 AM
    the quickest way i have found is to scroll right to profiles and then hit "enter" "v" (this selects vibrate) and "enter". Its not the best but its pretty quick using the "v" trick.
    12-01-07 07:08 AM
    If you deactivate Dial from Home Screen (Phone, Options, General Options, Dial from Home Screen = No) you can use the preset shortcuts

F = Profiles (quickly switches from Normal to Vibrate and back again)
    K = Lock (without a password)
    L = Calendar
    U = Calculator
    M = Messages
    B = Blackberry Browsers
    O = Options
    S = Search
    D = Memo Pad
    12-01-07 11:43 AM
    Hi Aestolas. VERY good suggestion regarding homescreen shortcuts! It works fine on my BB 8310. One other question...I have a theme (Reflex Zen) on it that is pretty slick, as it displays, among other things, battery strength as a %. I am wondering if having a theme consumes any extra battery power? Also, what is the "correct" method of charging to optimize the battery? I've heard conflicting reports like you shouldn't charge overnight, only for 2 hours, and let the battery drain to 10% but not less, to "train" the battery.
    Thanks in advance!
    Steve
    [email protected]
    12-02-07 04:27 PM
    That's the button to put your current call on speakerphone.
    12-09-07 08:44 PM
    The # key puts it on loud and vibrate
    01-07-08 02:32 PM
    The # key puts it on loud and vibrate
    That doesn't work on Curves.
    01-07-08 02:39 PM
    If you deactivate Dial from Home Screen (Phone, Options, General Options, Dial from Home Screen = No) you can use the preset shortcuts

F = Profiles (quickly switches from Normal to Vibrate and back again)
    K = Lock (without a password)
    L = Calendar
    U = Calculator
    M = Messages
    B = Blackberry Browsers
    O = Options
    S = Search
    D = Memo Pad
    Thanks for these codes but with genius came up with these???? L is for calendar and not lock??
    01-07-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks for these codes but with genius came up with these???? L is for calendar and not lock??
    In hebrew Calendar is "Luach Shana" roughly... maybe thats where it came from
    03-16-08 02:38 PM
    since C is already taken for " compose email"
    03-16-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD