All I'm reading is negative reviews. People are loosing their apps and other things!!! What's the point? And yes I just realized I spelled upgrade wrong, whoops.
    Last edited by acochran; 04-23-09 at 01:01 PM.
    04-23-09 11:26 AM
    People are not loosing their apps. People are not reading before they upgrade. I've done multiple upgrades and if done properly you can restore all your 3rd party apps. There's plenty of writings on crackberry to show ya the proper way to do the upgrade. Good luck if you decide to upgrade.

And reasons for the upgrade such as getting rid of the speakerphone blast, upgraded media player for people like me who listen to lots of music on my berry and various other bug fixes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 11:55 AM
    I've never had a speaker blast problem (the few times I've actually used the phone).

What's so great about the new media player?

You have to do a backup before upgrading the OS, then restore afterward, right?
    04-23-09 12:49 PM
    I've upgraded two BBs to 4.5 and did not have a problem (an 8800 and an 8310). I upgraded the 8310 mostly because I wanted to be able to record video.

I used to have a problem that I think is what they're refering to as speaker blast, and now that I think about it, it's gone. When I'd disconnect a call, the speakerphone would come on for half a second. Is that speaker blast?
    04-23-09 12:56 PM
    Well I can already stream music from orb or just pull it from my memory stick. So I wont be upgrading, maybe when they come out with an update to make the video stream full screen with orb :P
    04-23-09 12:59 PM
    Well I can already stream music from orb or just pull it from my memory stick. So I wont be upgrading, maybe when they come out with an update to make the video stream full screen with orb :P
    I think the video stream is full screen on the new OS upgrade. Resasons to upgrade are plentiful than to just stay the same.....

-Obviously it's an upgrade NOT a downgrade.
    -video recording.
    -voice recording.
    -birthday feature.
    -seems faster to me.
    -speaker phone blast.
    -and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other stuff.

You won't lose any icons or your info. I just did it to upgrade.
    04-23-09 01:10 PM
    Yeah, I wish youtube can do fullscreen video.. Do I lose all my contacts when I upgrade?

04-23-09 01:11 PM
    Yeah, I wish youtube can do fullscreen video.. Do I lose all my contacts when I upgrade?

No, you don't lose anything when done properly.

04-23-09 01:24 PM
    Many upgrades on 3 devices and never had any problems.
    04-23-09 01:25 PM
    No, you don't lose anything when done properly.

Please for those of us who haven't upgraded, can you be more specific as far as doing the upgrade "right"? Thanks!
    04-23-09 01:50 PM
    Please for those of us who haven't upgraded, can you be more specific as far as doing the upgrade "right"? Thanks!
    Make a backup of your BB just in case something does go wrong< including third party apps and themes:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Follow all Os installation instructions, especially about deleting the vendor.xml file if the OS isn't for your Carrier.

Lastly, don't use Desktop Manager version 4.7, stay with DM 4.6 or 4.5 as DM 4.7 can cause some problems.
    04-23-09 01:53 PM
    Thank you xliderider that is very helpful!!
    04-23-09 01:57 PM
    I dont see the point mine has worked fine since day ! and i love it.
    04-23-09 09:09 PM
    I have not "lost" an app but I have had to "re-register"apps...just part of the "update" to a newer OS process.
    04-24-09 04:40 AM
    it's just the people...reading is fundamental!
    04-24-09 06:21 AM
    Follow the directions in the first post of this thread and you will be set.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...evices-208149/
    04-24-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD