In the new operating system update for the 8310, do you get HTML e-mail and a better full HTML internet browser??

Im trying to decide if I want to purchase a curve.
    09-01-08 12:33 AM
    You do get HTML email and the browser isnt drastically different but it is slightly improved.

The new OSes are betas...you might want to hold on and get used to your device before upgrading.
    09-01-08 12:35 AM
    I have had a blackberry for about 6 months and then I got an iPhone 3G but have been having reception issues (in EDGE not 3G) and people not receiving txt msgs and e-mails not pushing through.. it's just been pretty bad so I am looking forward to getting a new blackberry.
    09-01-08 12:46 AM
    Then you should read this thread for your OS questions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-55061/
    09-01-08 12:52 AM
    In the new operating system update for the 8310, do you get HTML e-mail and a better full HTML internet browser??

Im trying to decide if I want to purchase a curve.
    Yes to both. With the new OS, you can also use a 8GB card and view Youtube
    09-01-08 12:59 AM
    so how do you get the full HTML email?

for some reason I'm not able to find any settings regarding HTML in email settings (or am I just looking in the wrong places?)

ahh....for reference.....running 4.5.0.55 on a 8310
    09-01-08 01:02 AM
    What if something happens during the install and the things works lousy?? Is there a way to revert back to the original?
    09-01-08 01:03 AM
    so how do you get the full HTML email?

for some reason I'm not able to find any settings regarding HTML in email settings (or am I just looking in the wrong places?)

ahh....for reference.....running 4.5.0.55 on a 8310
    When you open an email, click on 'get images'. That'll get it in html format for you.
    09-01-08 01:04 AM
    What if something happens during the install and the things works lousy?? Is there a way to revert back to the original?
    Yes there is. You can go back to the old OS.
    09-01-08 01:05 AM
    When you open an email, click on 'get images'. That'll get it in html format for you.
    looking for that option....but not seeing it. Don't know if it matters any, but running the BB Dimension Zen theme.
    09-01-08 01:07 AM
    Check your email options and make sure html email is on. Resend your service books and do a battery pull. Then check again.
    09-01-08 01:09 AM
    Check your email options and make sure html email is on. Resend your service books and do a battery pull. Then check again.
    ok....so i've done a bit of searching....but there is soo much garbage to filter through.....how do I perform this resending of the service books? battery pull part I have covered
    09-01-08 01:20 AM
    ok....so i've done a bit of searching....but there is soo much garbage to filter through.....how do I perform this resending of the service books? battery pull part I have covered
    Go to your carriers website and to the same page where you added your email addresses. You'll have an option to resend your service books. Alternately, you can resend them by clicking the email set-up icon on your device and clicking "send service books".
    09-01-08 01:39 AM
    Go to your carriers website and to the same page where you added your email addresses. You'll have an option to resend your service books. Alternately, you can resend them by clicking the email set-up icon on your device and clicking "send service books".
    The service books worked nicely form the "setup email" icon. Thank you. Performed the battery pull and waited patiently for it to boot up.

Nowwwwwwwwwwww I see the HTML options. (perfect and thank you)

now does this not work for old emails? Is this only for new incoming emails since the update?
    09-01-08 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD