I came from a WM phone which had a pretty decent browser. The problem I'm having is that I'll click on a link, and most of the time it won't go to it. The status bar at the bottom keeps climbing, but no connection. If I click it again, or multiple times, most of the time it will go through. Is there an upgraded browser I can install? I have the problem in areas that were never an issue with my WM phone, such as my office and home. Data connection is good, I'm on Verizon, unlimited data plan. Also, dumb question but do I have WIFI?

Thanks,

Moe
    09-11-08 12:15 PM
    You could try updating to OS 4.5, the browser has some improvements. There is no official version out yet, so you're going to have to search for it. And no, the 8830 does not have WiFi.
    09-11-08 12:27 PM
    No you don't have wifi.

What you are describing is not normal. It could be either Verizon's network or a problem with the device itself. Personally, I've never cared for the 8830s.

Try following the tips here: How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    09-11-08 12:29 PM
    go to operamini.com much better browser of the google app m.google.com both are free
    09-11-08 01:03 PM
    Also make sure your browser settings are right. From your browser press the menu key, click options, click browser configuration, make sure all the boxes are checked, set show images to On WML & html pages, set emulation mode to blackberry, click back and save this should give you a better view at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD