So yea, it's an Alltel Curve 8330..Idk what to do with it. Is there like some kind of cool hacks I could mess around with it? I can't get it activated because of the stupid Alltel and Verizon switch thing. I have a Samsung Intensity right now.. :/ ughh I hate it. I wish I could get a new blackberry or Droid :/
    09-01-10 10:33 PM
    There isn't much you can do on the 8330 since it doesn't have wifi. See what it looks like after you throw it against the wall? I kid, I kid
    09-01-10 11:13 PM
    Take it apart and count the pieces

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 11:30 PM
    You can sell me the housing.
    09-02-10 05:17 AM
    Donate it.
    09-02-10 05:20 AM
    Put it on Craigslist. Maybe someone will have a use for parts.

09-02-10 08:18 AM
    12 gauge shot gun? check
    couple rounds for ammo? check
    thrower for clays? check
    Old Blackberry 8330? check

!!! pull !!!

BANG BANG BANG

i kid but that would be fun.

09-02-10 08:24 AM
    You could play brickbreaker, that BS Intensity doesn't have that...

To go off what someone commented above me, you could take it to any VZW location and donate it to their cause. They take the devices, either recycle them, or refurbish them and donate them or any proceeds from their sale to help benefit victims of domestic violence. I can't remember what all it entails, but it seemed like a dandy cause...
    09-02-10 08:34 AM
    You could always use it as a trotline weight ! Maybe even the catfish would call you when they were about to bite. Just a thought.

09-02-10 09:26 AM
    You could always use it as a trotline weight ! Maybe even the catfish would call you when they were about to bite. Just a thought.

I would say they could send a BBM, that way they would know not to bite until they see the "R" for read

Ooooohhhh yeah, Samsung Impression... no BBM .

Ever think about dumping that Impression for an 8520 or something? New 9320 when it hits?? Hmmmmmm?? Hmmmmmmm???
    09-02-10 09:29 AM
    Keep it as a spare if your current device is lost/stolen/damaged. You'll be able to use that until the replacement arrives.
    09-02-10 10:02 AM
    will it blend?
    09-06-10 04:14 AM
    Keep it as a spare if your current device is lost/stolen/damaged. You'll be able to use that until the replacement arrives.
    " I can't get it activated because of the stupid Alltel and Verizon switch thing. ". I guess you missed that part.

I know that some folks are taking old 8330s and having them flashed to Cricket or Metro PCS, and possibly Boost CDMA. You could look into selling it for that purpose. There is also a group that does similar for abused women and another for military members.

09-06-10 09:50 AM
    Use it as an MP3 player, sell it, or keep it for a replacement.
    I plan to sell mine, but I need to replace the screen cover and I've been too busy/lazy to do it.
    09-06-10 11:16 AM
    use it as decoration in your fishtank
    09-06-10 12:52 PM
    I can't get it activated because of the stupid Alltel and Verizon switch thing. :/
    Hi....I have the same phone , since Verizon took over Alltel why is there a problem activating it ?

I was thinking of using it on verizon as a cheap "not too smart" phone just to send texts etc, I like the full keyboard

VW
    09-06-10 01:30 PM
    use it as a laboratory test rate. If you like playing around scripting and editing software. ABUSE IT!
    09-07-10 05:10 AM
    Donate it to the military...google it...they have them flashed to give to the soldiers so they can talk to their families its a good cause if you're not using it

09-08-10 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD