Does the wireless feature on the 8320 really improve browsing speed?
    I don't think wireless is the correct term to call it. If you don't understand, I am referring to the feature that let's you use a wireless signal from a router to get internet access instead of the cellular tower the phone normally communicates with.

I would assume there is a noticable speed improvement in web browsing and downloading apps.

Just trying to figure out what features I want in the next phone I buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 10:06 AM
    if you're on vzw like your info says, it really all depends on what you're looking for. currently i'm torn between a storm 2 and droid. what are you looking for in your next phone?
    01-09-10 01:26 PM
    It's called wifi, and yes, it is faster than EVDO rev. 0 or EVDO rev. A. Check out the Droids at a Verizon store (Motorola Droid and HTC Droid Eris), the webkit Android browser is certainly in the top 3 mobile browsers out there (iPhone, Nokia N900, Android). No matter how fast your internet connection is, the browser has to be able to make use of that speed, and sadly RIM isn't up to snuff, yet.
    01-09-10 01:31 PM
    It's all what you need I'd recommend the tour as I am a tour owner, and after trying the storm 1 & 2 im very happy with the tour. I am hearing however that the tour 2 (ESSEX) will be coming out early this year and that will have wifi a trackpad and a faster processor with 5.0 OS no idea on release date though
    01-09-10 01:38 PM
    If you're looking to stick with BB, I'd also recommend the Tour 2. The wifi should help with web surfing speeds considerably. and according to a thread on the Tour 2 section, an insider is targeting the release at end of Jan/ first week of Feb at the latest.

The title is: The Essex is here (semi-official)
    01-09-10 02:09 PM
    I'm holding out for the Tour 2. I can upgrade in April and hopefully it will be out by then.

I played with a Droid in the VZ store and was super-impressed, but I think I'm gonna stick with a BB.
    01-09-10 10:34 PM
    BBM, the foundation lol.

01-09-10 10:54 PM
    The Storm 2, Motorola Droid, and Nokia have 802.11 b/g enabled network adapters. The difference in the same equation is the web browsers that each device uses, as Xliderider pointed out earlier. Certainly, if you are primarily seeking a browsing phone from Verizon, at this point and time, then the Android platform is for you.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-09-10 at 11:33 PM.
    01-09-10 11:26 PM
    wait for tour 2 imo thats what im doing
    01-09-10 11:59 PM
    Any clue on the damage a tour 2 is gunna do to my wallet. Lol

01-10-10 01:20 AM
    Considering the Storm 2 is $179.99 and the Droid is $199.99. It's anyone's guess.
    01-10-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD