I'm sorry, I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question. I just upgraded from an 8800WE to a Curve 8330. Did a successful device transfer all by my wittle self. So what should I do with my old BB? Do I delete the info that's on there? Is it still usable?

The USB port was broken on the 8830WE that's why I got the Curve.

Thanks for your help! This is a great site!
    06-05-09 05:19 PM
    You can send it to me, I'll give it a good home.
    06-05-09 05:26 PM
    - bring it to a store that does cellphone recycle
    - keep it as an emergency backup phone
    - give it to someone else
    - drop it in the middle of a huge crowd and see how many ppl make a jump for it.

ok i'm out of ideas.
    06-05-09 05:40 PM
    Unfortunately, they are out of stock, but cnn.cn sells the replacement USB connectors:

BlackBerry 8800/8820/8830 OEM USB connector- HTC, Microsoft, Accessories Store, BenQ-Siemens, 3G, Acer, SonyEricsson, Tools,

You will need to find a local electronics repair shop to solder it on your 8830's main circuit board. It is not a DYI fix.

Or you could send it in to these guys for a repair:

pdarepairworld.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry 8800 & 8830

But it costs $80, about the price one in good condition sells for on eBay.
    06-05-09 05:48 PM
    There are numerous things you can do with it but first (unless you keep it as a backup) you want to wipe the device of all of your personal information. You can do this directly from your handheld. (I'm not sure where under options this is, someone else can chime in...)

You could recycle it, donate it (there are great programs out there for cell phone donation for soldiers, abused women, and other groups), keep as back-up, sell it on ebay/craigslist/cb marketplace (just have to mention that it is broken).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:52 PM
    Wipe handheld will delete all personal information off your BB should you decide to donate, sell, or give your 8830WE away.

Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld.
    06-05-09 06:02 PM
    bring it to your police station. they give them to women who are being abused so they can call 911. since 911 always works even without a plan.
    06-06-09 11:20 AM
    I went to flip berry, since I just got a new curve they gave me $25 for it, it was it bad condition , usb connector didnt work, screen was scratched and alot of dings on it. so i didnt think it was that bad of a deal.
    06-06-09 12:44 PM
    Wow..Im sure you couldve gotten more for it on ebay..In as-is condition
    06-06-09 01:16 PM
    Thank goodness there was enough charge left for me to do the wipe out. Thanks for the step by step directions.

I now have a message welcoming me back to Verizon 8830. EEKS, what's up with that? did I screw something up and now my curve won't work? I better go check (the curve is upstairs) (as if you were interested!)
    06-11-09 05:53 PM
    I say, keep it as a backup. I never buy insurance on devices, I just keep my old device in case something happens--which it never does...
    06-11-09 05:58 PM
    No you did it right. Thats exactly how it acts out of the box.
    06-11-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD