i got a phone on ebay(8330) i signed up for the unlimited data plan on verizon, activated the phone and realized all i can do is make and recieve calls. no browser or email, so i registered on the BIS site, and recieved no confirmation email from them, so i sent Host routing table, and tried to resend service books and got no emails to my phone. i figured it was still on an it policy, so i removed it successfully. and i still cant get host routing table or service books to send. called verizon and they couldnt get the phone to do anything either.

now the seller wont take it back... i need suggestions on wht to do to try and solve this problem.

or shgould i just list it on ebay like nothing is wrong and buy a different one myself. since thats what happend to me.

please, i just want my moneys worth, please help.
    10-01-08 12:52 PM
    Verizon wasn't able to help at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 12:53 PM
    You have to add a data plan

10-01-08 12:55 PM
    Verizon should be able to help you. If u already have a data plan

10-01-08 12:57 PM
    it hass a data plan
    10-01-08 12:57 PM
    abnd the data plan is on in the phone
    10-01-08 01:01 PM
    My question to you is why would you sell it to some unsuspecting buyer on eBay knowing that it doesn't function properly? How do you feel right now as the owner of a phone that does not work, with no support from neither the seller nor eBay? It is a shame that your device doesn't function properly, but why knowingly pass a defective unit onto someone else?
    10-01-08 01:05 PM
    If you payed via Paypal, file a claim for a defective/not as described item.
    10-01-08 01:07 PM
    i feel like ****, and no one cares, i did file a dispute and he refused to pay and paypal took his side. he said it works and it doesnt. the point is i need a phone now.
    10-01-08 02:22 PM
    This is probably not going to help but did you have verizon add the IMEI number for this phone or did you just plug in an old SIM Card. I could be wrong but I dont think the BIS / BES will work unless the correct IMEI number is in your account. I hope this helps, if not well, I tried..

Julian
    10-01-08 04:22 PM
    Is this a Verizon phone? I thought in another thread you said that the phone came from Canada. Is Verizon in Canada?
    10-01-08 07:07 PM
    my advice is to never buy a phone from ebay! I bought a Nextel from ebay and recieved it went to my local nextel store to activate it and it came back lost or stolen! So I just took one in the chin and bought a curve!
    10-01-08 07:14 PM
    Who is the branded carrier for this phone? That would be the name that comes up when the phone is turned on, or the name on the case (if it hasn't been changed).
    Verizon is not a GSM carrier, it has no sim card. You cannot use GSM phones with verizon. I assume this is not the issue, otherwise i don't think you could use the phone. But i agree, if the phone came from canada, i don't believe it is a Verizon phone and cannot be used on their service.
    10-01-08 07:19 PM
    i feel like ****, and no one cares, i did file a dispute and he refused to pay and paypal took his side. he said it works and it doesnt. the point is i need a phone now.
    Hmm. that sucks! Geez.
    10-01-08 07:25 PM
    whats the link to the item? you sure you added the data plan?? bad esn maybe?
    10-01-08 07:30 PM
    im positive its got a data plan activated, and im positive its a good esn. im not getting any data though im only getting 1xev not 1XEV why is that?
    10-01-08 09:32 PM
    im positive its got a data plan activated, and im positive its a good esn. im not getting any data though im only getting 1xev not 1XEV why is that?
    The 1xev means the device is not able to see the data network at this time. I have resolved several times by doing the following:

1. Back up your data.

2. Do a security wipe of the device.

3. When the phone is done program it - *228 opt 1

4. Do a register now. options>advanced options>host routing table> menu button>register now.

See if this changes to a 1XEV. If not VZW tech should check to see if your pin number is active on the relay tool. if it is at this point I would say it is a device issue.

Give this shot and let us know.
    10-01-08 09:41 PM
    i actually did this yesterday with the tech over the phone, twice, he didnt tell me if my pin is active on the relay tool but i think thats something he would look at. should i call back and just ask if my pin is on the relay tool?
    10-01-08 09:48 PM
    I would have them check it. Cause ESN mismatch in this tool can cause issues as well. If this is line, and you have done the other trouble shooting, then it is a device issue.
    10-01-08 09:50 PM
    i actually didnt understand what you wrote, im sorry, can you write it again.
    10-01-08 09:55 PM
    of course, its all fine, the tech i just called said that its fine. it should be working.
    10-01-08 10:04 PM
    Heck do not understand it either. I was trying to say that if the relay is checked and correct and all other trouble shooting is done, then it is a device issue.
    10-01-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD