I would like a matte finish, black. But I do not know any of the steps for doing this. can I just take the housing off and spray it, or is it much more complicated? Thanks!
    08-11-08 10:54 PM
    Hopefully, no pain will be involved! I believe Testor painT is what someone used from the hobby store and it turned out great! Oh, I believe some fine grit sandpapering is involved, not sure tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 11:09 PM
    Yikes! I would be scared, because I tend to be sloppy with things. Like every time I eat, some food lands on my shirt, LOL. Good luck, you will be great!

08-11-08 11:18 PM
    Wow sorry about that...what pain should I use? How dumb.
    08-11-08 11:59 PM
    Can I ask why the font in you're sig is so large?
    08-12-08 12:16 AM
    1) Purchase a new housing from BBEnriched.com (use promo code 'B3rryPart$' for a discount). This way you do not mess up your only housing and not have a backup

2) Sand housing to make surface rough

3) Apply primer followed by whatever other coats you want

4) Apply clear, protective coat (if desired)

08-12-08 12:21 AM
    Sure you can.
    08-12-08 12:28 AM
    Especially since the link goes to an empty page.
    08-12-08 01:02 AM
    I would like a matte finish, black. But I do not know any of the steps for doing this. can I just take the housing off and spray it, or is it much more complicated? Thanks!
    yeah i agree to just buy a new housing in whatever color you'd like. im buying a pink one and changing it out myself opposed to freaking out over trying to paint mine and trying to make it look GOOD. and plus when you buy another one, you'll always have your "stock" one on the side just incase you wanted to switch back!!
    08-12-08 01:17 AM
    yeah i agree to just buy a new housing in whatever color you'd like. im buying a pink one and changing it out myself opposed to freaking out over trying to paint mine and trying to make it look GOOD. and plus when you buy another one, you'll always have your "stock" one on the side just incase you wanted to switch back!!
    The OP is with Verizon and you can't get 8330 housings, yet.
    08-12-08 10:47 AM
    The OP is with Verizon and you can't get 8330 housings, yet.
    I just bought a pink housing for my telus 8330 on ebay. Came from hong kong and came with a pink trackball. Got it all together and it works/fits perfectly

08-28-09 09:40 PM
    I just bought a pink housing for my telus 8330 on ebay. Came from hong kong and came with a pink trackball. Got it all together and it works/fits perfectly

I got a 8330 housing from HK as well, bought it for $9.99 and it's perfectly fit. I don't know about you but I think I'd rather pay ten bucks for someone to do the paint job for me.
    08-29-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD