I just got a new (unlocked) 8320, and I am trying to activate it with my Blackberry Enterprise Server on my Etisalat (Dubai) Blackberry account.

I had no trouble doing this with my previous blackberry, but the 8320 has this new field called "Activation Server Address." I know my new activation password and my email address, but even my IR department is baffled by this new field. Can anyone help me?
    ngmyokyaw and Milcent Murwisi like this.
    02-18-08 01:19 AM
    "This field is used when performing an activation of a BlackBerry smartphone over a Wi-Fi� connection for a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server configured for Wi-Fi activations. The activation server address allows the Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone to send the ETP.DAT activation email message directly to the BlackBerry Router.

When performing a wireless activation using the service provider's wireless network, this field is not required."

Hope this helps/
    02-18-08 02:34 PM
    i just bought a unlocked 8120 and iv had the same problem.i thought that maybe its the fact that its unlocked? anyway how did u solve this?no-one on the blackberry customer care seems to b helpful.
    04-04-08 02:12 AM
    I had the same issue with a company blackberry. In my situation the user moved from an older blackberry to a new one.

It would not activate with the Blackberry server activation address field left blank.

How I got around this was the following :-

I connected it by the cable to the user's pc. Installed the software from the CD and it recognised the new blackberry. Because the pc was logged in as the user and had his MS Outlook and previous blackberry details on it, it synchronized with the new blackberry and set the user up on it.

I suspect the company blackberry enterprise server would not activate it, as it believed it was already activated ??

Hope this helps....

Michael.
    07-10-09 08:05 AM
    I've found this message on the newer Blackberries I've been deploying for our company lately. It won't allow me to activate, even though the cell provider, without including a server address. I've found that pointing the blackberry to the address associated with our outside mail server fixes it.
    06-25-10 08:42 AM
    Hi can someone tell me how (what steps to take) to enable Wi-Fi activations on our BES server? I am running BES Professional 4.1.4. According to the RIM technote this needs to be enabled/configured somehow in the IT Policy or the BES somewhere? But I don't know where exactly. Thanks for any guidance.
    07-09-10 05:04 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    can all give me my activatoin server address

08-15-10 05:31 AM
    Hello i just bought a 8520 and i dont know what my "Activation Server address" I cant active my pin without it can you please help me?
    09-15-10 11:34 AM
    i have a blackberry 8820 and i cant set up my personal email how do i do this and i have no plan pls help
    12-18-10 11:50 AM
    i have a blackberry 8820 and i cant set up my personal email how do i do this and i have no plan pls help
    Pretty sure you need a bb data plan if you expect email to be pushed to your device. You may be able to use your wifi and login to your account. And check it from the webpage.

Also, very interesting screen name. I would like to see you gather your evidence! Haha!

12-18-10 12:30 PM
    I just got a new (unlocked) 8320, and I am trying to activate it with my Blackberry Enterprise Server on my Etisalat (Dubai) Blackberry account.

I had no trouble doing this with my previous blackberry, but the 8320 has this new field called "Activation Server Address." I know my new activation password and my email address, but even my IR department is baffled by this new field. Can anyone help me?
    05-30-13 06:39 AM
    please tell me what is my activation server address for my 8520
    07-05-13 04:41 AM
    Which address should we give in activation server address and give me an example?
    09-15-13 04:47 AM

09-22-13 11:54 PM

10-06-13 03:11 AM

01-25-14 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD