here is the problem, when i make a call it just makes a tone as if i called a non existing number twice, and on the screen it has an exlamation point that says call faild. than it goes back to the call log. i have had my phone for 2 weeks and this just happend today. please some one help
    03-29-09 10:48 PM
    try a battery pull, while the phone is on pull the battery out, wait 20 secs and put it back in.. see if that helps
    03-29-09 10:59 PM
    thanks i just did the pull and it is turning back on as i type this. i hope it works
    03-29-09 11:08 PM
    nope that didnt work
    03-29-09 11:11 PM
    Have you tried upgrading the OS to the latest firmware?

AT&T right? Does your sim card call out on another phone? Did you check after this started happening on your Blackberry?
    03-29-09 11:16 PM
    what os are you running? go to options>status> third line down will say 4.x.x.xxx... if it is not 4.5, use this link to guide you through the update process. it is fairly easy but you just have to follow the directions. this will more than likely fix your problem.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/
    03-29-09 11:25 PM
    I was wondering if this update works for the 8330?
    03-29-09 11:52 PM
    I was wondering if this update works for the 8330?
    Hi... No the one you need is this one
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spr...nguage-146679/
    03-29-09 11:56 PM
    no, its device specific, but this link is for your device. do the same as i stated above, and you will be fine.. its a sprint update, so you will have one extra step( deleting the vendor xml) but it will tell you all about it in the link.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/spr...nguage-146679/
    03-29-09 11:57 PM
    Ok. So maybe I should ask what exactly is an "os"? And why do you update them? Should I?
    03-30-09 12:34 AM
    Its short for operating system. I just gives you the latest and greatest capabilities, better memory management, etc etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 12:36 AM
    Ok. So maybe I should ask what exactly is an "os"? And why do you update them? Should I?
    If you are not on 4.5 and you upgrade to it you will have the latest OS for your phone which will give you (in addition to those listed above) HTML email, a better browser, bug fixes and the ability to use a larger video card as well as a video recorder... Its a pretty nice upgrade... Just follow the along with the directions or wait until you are a little more comfy with the device......
    03-30-09 12:42 AM
    If you are not on 4.5 and you upgrade to it you will have the latest OS for your phone which will give you (in addition to those listed above) HTML email, a better browser, bug fixes and the ability to use a larger video card as well as a video recorder... Its a pretty nice upgrade... Just follow the along with the directions or wait until you are a little more comfy with the device......
    Ok, thanks. Is there a certain site I need to use to upgrade if I am through Alltel? How can I check if the "os" is 4.5?
    03-30-09 12:47 AM
    Zoo
    Search around the forums. There is an alltel section.
    If you use the search feature on the site it can be very halpfull with instructing you what os you need and how to do it

03-30-09 12:54 AM
    OK, the upgrade procedure is the same for all berries regardless of the provider, and all OS's are device specific, the one thing to remember is to delete the vendor file if one is to upgrade with a beta OS or a one from a different provider. Follow the 101 upgrade guide, or find the complete upgrade guide in the FAQ forum by BMCClure.
    This does not address the OP's problem of not being able to complete a call. Something has happened to their ability to make calls. I would try to register the device, instructions below. Also check to make sure the device is connected to the mobile network. Open Manage Connections and make sure there is a checkmark in the box next to mobile network - it may also help to provision your 8330 as it is a CDMA device. Also, send service books while you're at it - although that probably won't help,

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Provision Device (CDMA Devices Only): Go to options> mobile network> BlackBerry button> start provisioning.

03-30-09 02:05 AM
    i forgot how to get to my options>status i have the stock theme from at&t
    03-30-09 09:41 AM
    Go to the options icon (it looks like a wrench) - click on it, then scroll down to status & click.
    03-30-09 10:17 AM
    well i went to the options>security>application permissions and here is what it.
    at&t navigator 1.7.0.1073
    BB 4.5.0 core applica... 4.5.0
    BB 4.5.0 system soft... 4.5.0
    documents to go 1.000.080
    help 4.5.0

so im guessing i have the os 4.5.0
    03-30-09 10:48 AM
    here is the problem, when i make a call it just makes a tone as if i called a non existing number twice, and on the screen it has an exlamation point that says call faild. than it goes back to the call log. i have had my phone for 2 weeks and this just happend today. please some one help
    it is now working. im comvinced that it was a problem w/ AT&T in my area
    03-30-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD