I sent a SMS text message to another verizon user and it was recieved, but there is no little D next to the check mark. So can somebody tell me what this little D means, and if my sms text was recieved and it was sent to another verizon user, why is there no little D?
    04-10-10 08:17 PM
    Delivered. The check-mark means it got successfully sent to the network. I'm positive that's what the D means. And I'm 70% sure about the check-mark.
    04-10-10 09:10 PM
    Delivered. The check-mark means it got successfully sent to the network. I'm positive that's what the D means. And I'm 70% sure about the check-mark.
    Do you know why theres no D, and it was recieved?
    04-10-10 09:58 PM
    The little 'D' only appears next to the check mark for the PIN messages I send to other BB holders. SMS messages to non BB holders only have the check mark. received messages have an open or closed envelope depending on whether or not I have open the message. Granted, I'm on Sprint and not Verizon but the type of text message you send may be the determining factor you're looking for. Just my $0.02
    04-11-10 08:16 AM
    Do you know why theres no D, and it was recieved?
    Was the recipient on another carrier? I believe you get the D symbol only if you are both Verizon customers.
    04-11-10 02:16 PM
    The OP said "another Verizon user" so I presume they are both Verizon. When a text message is delivered to another Verizon user, there's a checkmark when successfully delivered to the network. When it's delivered to the phone, the D appears. That just says the phone is on and accepted the message; you can't tell if the person has read it.
    If there's no D for after known receipt by another Verizon subscriber, it's a glitch. I don't know anything else to say :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 05:22 PM
    Now what if the phone you sent the text message to was damaged??..Will it STILL be marked D??...Someone I texted recently said their phone was damaged, & didn't get my text messages, yet when I sent the texts, I got the check mark & then the D...Just curious as to know if they were BS'ing me, or it still got delivered, phone damage & all...Thanks!
    Last edited by bkboy1016; 10-07-10 at 06:18 PM.
    10-07-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD