so, for whatever reason i find myself driving with my blackberry in hand. in the past i have kept cell phones clipped to my visor via holster etc, though now, it ends up in my hand. just wanted to see what options i had, and what others do with theirs.

thanks

Aaron
    06-04-08 09:47 AM
    Depending on where you live that may be illegal. Here in NJ we must have a headset to use our phone in the car. If caught with phone in hand no matter whether you're talking, texting etc it is a $250 1st offense $500 second offense and a loss of license for 6 months plus a $2,000 third offense. More and more states are following this example so be careful. Keep on Crackin'!
    06-04-08 09:53 AM
    Wow! It sucks that its diff in diff states...say you're doing a long roadtrip and suddenly a cop pulls you over for something thats not even close to an offense in your home state...anyway its always unsafe to be distracted while driving. Then it doesnt matter whether its a BB or whatever....I always have mine on my holster or on the passenger seat.
    06-04-08 10:03 AM
    wow, sounds like communism......i live in rhode island, with no such law, though i'm pretty sure new york follows that too.
    06-04-08 10:03 AM
    I have mine in a windshield mount. That way I always know where it is and not sliding around on the seat next to me.
    06-04-08 10:05 AM
    Always in my lap. If someone calls me, it goes on speaker. I check and reply to messages at red lights. (There are plenty of them lol)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 10:08 AM
    I use VZNav if needed sometimes will text or read email. But I have another set of eyes : )

06-04-08 10:08 AM
    Keep it in my pocket.

06-04-08 10:09 AM
    LOL, agreed, traffic and red lights=me reading emails/texts and responding.
    06-04-08 10:09 AM
    Anything but use it. The phone can wait til I get where I'm going. I know a lot of people disagree, but using a phone while driving is just too dangerous.
    06-04-08 10:12 AM
    In Canada or maybe just my province, there is no rule about cellphones. We can drive with them and talk on them as well. If in any case we do get into trouble it would be labeled as unsafe driving due to distraction and all
    06-04-08 10:18 AM
    i have definitely found, it is much more difficult just to place a call while driving with a BB as opposed to a normal cell phone. maybe mine should stay in it's pocket too.
    06-04-08 10:21 AM
    Mine usually sits in a vent holder either running GPS or playing music
    06-04-08 10:21 AM
    Am I the only one who Plugs their Berry into an AUX Jack and plays music on it? Best part is the music cuts out when you get a call no more reaching for the phone and then having a mad dash to turn down the stereo. PS the new media player rocks.
    06-04-08 10:24 AM
    Um everything! I'm bad its my time to use it! Glad my new curve will have a normal sized jack so I can plug into the fm transmitter. I should be a little more careful though I admit!

06-04-08 10:27 AM
    Bluetooth headset on ear, BB rides in my car console so I can still see who's calling.
    06-04-08 10:31 AM
    i have the sirius radio going most of the time with howard stern, so no time for mp3's from the curve. i use my ipod usually for music listening anyways.
    06-04-08 10:33 AM
    Well I can't leave it in my lap bc I alwayz 4get its there and it falls on the unforgiving concrete evrytime I get out so I try to keep it in hand

06-04-08 10:38 AM
    thats exactly the reason i keep it in my hand.....there has to be a better way though!! any suggestions?
    06-04-08 10:39 AM
    mythbusters already showed that driving a car while on the phone is like driving drunk.

I have a bluetooth headset for the rare occassions I might use the phone while driving, but for the most part it can wait until i'm stopped at a light, or finally to my destination.

So it stays clipped to my waist.
    06-04-08 10:49 AM
    I do calls on my handsfree or speakerphone and sneak a look at my texts or email if I'm stuck at a light. Lately I've been experimenting with replying to texts/emails by dictating them on Jott (yay for speed dial). That helps a lot to stay hands free for pesky driving!

06-04-08 10:50 AM
    i have a bluetooth headset that i never use. i have found it is just as distracting making calls and trying to get voice recognition to work with bluetooth than just using a speeddial button and holding phone to your head. obviously texting/emails is extremely dangerous.
    06-04-08 10:51 AM
    I use mine as a mp3 player through stereo. I hear it through my speakers and speakerphone.
    06-04-08 11:13 AM
    Am I the only one who Plugs their Berry into an AUX Jack and plays music on it? Best part is the music cuts out when you get a call no more reaching for the phone and then having a mad dash to turn down the stereo. PS the new media player rocks.
    I've been meaning to try that. Where did you get the cable to do that?
    06-04-08 11:56 AM
    good question
    06-04-08 11:58 AM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD