Okay so I'm in kind of a dilemma.

I've never had a BB before. I LOVE them but I just never swooped one up for me.

But thats about to change. I want to wait until the Bold comes out for Verizon and pick it up then. However, I'm not going to be due for an upgrade when it comes out and therefore will haveto pay retail (I'm guestimating its going to cost anywhere form 5-600).

I would love to have the Bold but my friend made a great point to me last night and I want to see what you guys think:

He said to just get the CURVE...retail shouldn't be that high after the Bold/Thunder comes out. Then just wait until I'm due for an upgrade and hopefully there will be a newer BB out than the bold/thunder...

What do you guys think? Should I buy the 600 one or just wait until the upgrade is available and get the curve?
    07-11-08 08:27 AM
    First, the Bold is going to be an AT&T exclusive at launch in the US. So you won't be able to get it on verizon. We also don't have a price point for the Bold. I would think $600 a bit high in the estimate range.

The curve is a great device, and you wouldn't be disappointed with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 08:49 AM
    When is your upgrade due? The Curve is a rock solid device and with the upgrade in O.S. on the way, it will do just about everything you need.

Waiting on the Bold would be up to you (if it even comes to Verizon) if you really want all the lastest and greatest bells and whistles on your BlackBerry.

What do you have now? Will it hold you over or are you impatient? If so, get the Curve and download the new O.S. when its ready. You will be happy. If you need wifi, 3g and everything else, the wait on the Bold.( Might be a long wait)
    07-11-08 08:51 AM
    Right now I have the Voyager, which I hate.

My upgrade isn't until 01/2010. So if I waited I would expect there to be a newer BB out. The one thing that I really want is a full browser. I've heard the Opera is a pretty good one. If thats the case then I guess I'll be picking up a curve within the next 2 months.
    07-11-08 08:53 AM
    Buy the curve now, wait for your upgrade, get the Bold when its available, and sell your old curve.
    07-11-08 08:54 AM
    Right now I have the Voyager, which I hate.

My upgrade isn't until 01/2010. So if I waited I would expect there to be a newer BB out. The one thing that I really want is a full browser. I've heard the Opera is a pretty good one. If thats the case then I guess I'll be picking up a curve within the next 2 months.

Yea, get the Curve...You'll be happy

and Welcome to CB! Check the link in my sig. It will help you with a lot of your questions.
    07-11-08 08:58 AM
    Yea I suppose thats the most logical sollution.

How much is it retail at Verizon?

Or should I just ebay it?
    07-11-08 09:04 AM
    Check they're website in your area. I'm not an ebay person , I'd rather go in and see what I'm buying for myself. Others have good luck with ebay though.
    07-11-08 09:11 AM
    I'd get the Curve now and then upgrade (if you still want to) when you're eligible. The Curve is such a great phone that you might not want to upgrade for awhile!
    07-11-08 09:18 AM
    If it was me, I would go with the Curve. Its a great device. I love my Curve!!

07-11-08 09:19 AM
    I would do what your friend suggested.You'll certainly be happy with a curve and then when you actually do get out you can see what other options are available at the time.

07-11-08 09:21 AM
    Buy the curve now, wait for your upgrade, get the Bold when its available, and sell your old curve.
    100% agree i always get some sort of discount with t-mo patiently waiting for a new bb on tmo except the kickstart
    07-11-08 09:24 AM
    I would buy the curve and then sell your Voyager. That will help off set the cost of the Curve. Then when you are eligable upgrade if you still want to. Then sell your Curve and you should pretty much get a free BB.

Also full retial for the 8330 is $429.99

**check your mail
    07-11-08 09:40 AM
    I agree with Redwings, that's what I am doing. By the way, nice avatar.
    07-11-08 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD