when do i start to get worried? my pearl was when it was near 10 or 11 my memory was getting low and i needed to delete all my messages and do a soft reset. what is the number on curve?
    05-20-09 12:30 PM
    also, is there a feature to remove red eye from pictures? i shouldnt' just waited and posted all my question in one thread!
    05-20-09 12:33 PM
    12mb is when you should worry
    05-20-09 12:35 PM
    also to free up some memory make sure you close all apps, not just hitting the end button actually hit the bb button and then close.

also hit ATL + lglg and clear your logs.

ever notice your phone being super slow give it a good ole battery pull that frees up and good bit of memory.
    05-20-09 12:36 PM
    thanks for the responses!
    05-20-09 12:48 PM
    any suggestions on the red eye removal on the camera?
    05-20-09 12:51 PM
    Thanks to the attention Research in Motion has paid to memory issues, the answer now depends on which version of the OS software you have installed.

The older v4.2xx / v4.3xx software allows you to select 12 Mb for Device Reserved Memory. The newer v4.5xx allows you to select 5 Mb.

Memory issues occur when your File Free drops into the Reserved limit.

There is another advantage to using v4.5xx software, all the samples and background images have been removed to free up additional memory.

any suggestions on the red eye removal on the camera?
    Red eye occures when the Flash is reflected from the rear of the subjects eye. The simplest way to avoid it is natural light.

If you have to use the flash, plan your shot so the subject is not looking into the Camera. Even a couple degrees offset is enough to eliminate the effect.

05-20-09 12:59 PM
    sorry, a horrifically ******** noob, less than 12,000,000? i have less than 4,000,000 and i cannot figure out what is taking all my space, but my hour glass is getting so annoying that it is reminding me of the big one the witch puts in front of dorothy and every time i look at it i hear that scary music and see that green hand and if i don't figure it out soon, i'm liable to crunch this puppy under my tires...i've even gotten calls and it wouldn't stop the hourglass so i could answer the call
    05-20-09 02:16 PM
    do you have facebook downloaded?
    what other apps do you have downloaded?
    05-20-09 02:29 PM
    We need a list of the 3rd party applications you're running...
    05-20-09 02:31 PM
    To add to that question bctrj's question:
    How can we check to see how much memory we have available on the handset?
    05-20-09 02:35 PM
    ATL + eace
    05-20-09 02:40 PM
    sorry, a horrifically ******** noob, less than 12,000,000? i have less than 4,000,000 and i cannot figure out what is taking all my space, but my hour glass is getting so annoying that it is reminding me of the big one the witch puts in front of dorothy and every time i look at it i hear that scary music and see that green hand and if i don't figure it out soon, i'm liable to crunch this puppy under my tires...i've even gotten calls and it wouldn't stop the hourglass so i could answer the call
    The first step is forcing a restart by pulling the battery for a few moments.

After it has restarted, check Options / Status for File Free Memory. If you have 15-20 Mb you are in good condition.

Check Options / About. The third line down is your software version. If it is v4.2xx or v4.3xx, you can should upgrade to v4.5xx. It adds many features and improves the memory management.

Th next step is memory optimzation:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Go to Options >Status. It's under Free File...
    I think its a lot faster to take a lot of pics. download them to your computor then take care of the red eye.
    We need a list of the 3rd party applications you're running...
    adore your quote, SD! I'm tacking that one to my mirror so i don't become a foolish isrealite and forget.
    3rd party apps, and i just deleted a bunch so this is the pared down list
    vliingo, opera mini, yahoo messenger, facebook, gogglemaps(i deleted blackberry maps because it was inferior) 3 card games, sudoku, bejeweled, olive tree bible reader, blackberry appworld, gtalk, windows messenger, and docs to go and kaglom, which i've had almost forever, because i couldn't find my beloved bubblebreaker in a version i could see well enough to use anywhere in the whole wide world
    05-20-09 02:43 PM
    I'm gonna say the app world might be causing you memory leaks, are you closing out of applications properly by hitting Menu >Close? Also, are you running Facebook 1.2 or 1.5?
    05-20-09 02:46 PM
    to show your memory etc press alt>shift>H at same time easier way. Also to restart you can press ALT>left SHIFT>del at sme time and it will restart ur mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:12 PM
    to show your memory etc press alt>shift>H at same time easier way. Also to restart you can press ALT>left SHIFT>del at sme time and it will restart ur mobile.
    Right, but that is only a temporary fix...
    05-20-09 03:22 PM
    I have 4,228,999 bytes..is that 4 mb or 42? I don't know how to figure that out.
    I've done battery pulls about 4 times a day for the past couple of weeks. sometimes i can't even answer calls.
    i've done a few things like deleting apps, clearing cache, cleaning memory, and it is a little better, and most of those ideas i got from the cleaning up file memory program you listed above. I'll go back and look at it again and see if there are any other thiings...i don't want to give up any more apps. I was wondering if i could make sure that some of them were on the media card instead of on the phone itself. how do i check/change that?
    05-20-09 03:38 PM
    You can't store applications on the Media Card, the operation of the application must be executed in device memory...
    05-20-09 03:40 PM
    oh, and i forgot to add, i have facebook 1.2 After downloading the mobile app, i realize it doesn't really do anything except direct you to the mobile site, which i have bookmarked on my browser anyway, and if i get a facebook message, it goes to email, so i may not even need that app at all, huh? I deleted myspace app because i hated looking at it on my bb
    05-20-09 03:42 PM
    I would download version 1.5 of facebook, works fine for me without issues. The 1.2 version you're running is full of bugs and more than likely your problem. Go to the mobile site, scroll down and click on download the Facebook application for BlackBerry, It will install the new version over the old one...
    05-20-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD