Howdy all, first off, this is my 4th hour as a blackberry user, and my 6th day as a windows user. Up until a week ago, I was a die hard macbook user and had used one exclusively for about 3 years. I am now on a vista laptop, going on my 7th or 8th day using it. I also now have a curve 8330. This is my 4th hour using it and so far i am hooked, confused, but hooked. Anyway, being a mac person, i am unfamiliar with windows based address books/contact lists and windows based calendars. want to load my contacts addresses and phone numbers on my curve. I also want to set up my calendar with reminder alarms on my curve. I see I have 2 choices. Choice 1- Enter it all manually using the curve itself, this seems like lot of work due to the little keyboard and all. Choice 2- Build a contact list and calendar on my laptop, then sync. Now onto the question..... What calendar and address books does everyone use on their windows machines? I am having to learn both a windows based computer, and a blackberry curve at the same time, and I am lost. So, what calendar and address books that are laptop based and easily synced would everyone suggest??????? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by jaystekan; 08-21-08 at 09:29 PM.
    08-21-08 09:15 PM
    Wow, you have taken on a lot of learning at once! The BlackBerry works seamlessly with Outlook, which combines email, calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks in one application. That's what I use. But I am on an enterprise account. People who are on BIS accounts also use Outlook, but also use the Google apps and others. As more people notice your post, you'll get other responses.

Welcome to the forums! To the BlackBerry, and to Vista!! At least two out of three of those are great. For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    08-22-08 09:59 PM
    WOW- no kidding on the big changes there. Welcome to CB and enjoy the ride.
    08-22-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD