And can I delete it?

I dl'd a theme, deleted it, and noticed a new blue folder on my home screen called BootFreeStub. It doesn't do anything when I click on it. I found it in Applications under Modules, and when I clicked it to delete it I got a message 'BootFreeStub is in use, do you want to delete it?'. I don't want to screw up system operation, but I don't want to look at this blue folder either. I did a batt pull and now I don't get any message when I click to delete it, but should I? I can hide the folder so that it isn't on the home screen, but what the heck is it? Thanks in advance-

Adam
    01-02-09 10:33 PM
    Try a forum search on "bootfreestub."
    Here's one CrackBerry thread among several -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unus...eestub-101723/.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:42 PM
    BFS has shown up for QuickPull users who have failed to respond to the QP prompts in a timely manner. As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything. To get rid of it go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications, then Menu > Modules, highlight BFS and delete it.

Edit:
    If you get the message that BFS is in use when you try to delete it, ignore the message and go ahead with the delete. You have to restart your BB, but everything will be normal and BFS will be gone.

Edit2:
    BFS seems to be related to apps (and apparently themes as well) that access reboot commands in the OS.
    Last edited by wnm; 01-02-09 at 11:00 PM.
    01-02-09 10:56 PM
    Thank you very much
    01-02-09 11:11 PM
    Thanks just deleted it!!
    01-03-09 07:27 PM
    Wow man I was just about to make a thread on this. This makes sense becase I wasn't always allowing for the reset when I accessed quick pull. But that was because m� phone would lag and the reset option wouldn't pop up for a while. By the time it would pop up, I was already doing something else on my phone so I would ignore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD