I got m bb yesterday, so it charged all last night.

Should I wait till the battery goes dead before I charge it again??

Thanks in advance!
    08-01-08 10:23 PM
    I charge mine every night from the wall charger and when I back it up I keep it plugged into my PC till I'm done with the computer. I've never seen my bar go read on my 8330. Only had it a month or so though. I'm sure i'll slip up
    08-01-08 10:25 PM

No always atleast keep your blackberry up by atlest 50 percent. Its not healthy for ur Bb to keep dying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 10:25 PM
    Ok just want to make sure that I dont over charge it, if that is even possible.

thanks!
    08-01-08 10:43 PM
    no worries, just charge when ever possible.. you will not hurt it..
    08-01-08 10:51 PM
    I charge mine every night while I'm sleeping.
    08-01-08 11:49 PM
    Yeah, I just charge mine every night via the wall charger
    08-01-08 11:51 PM
    For the first few cycles it is good to let it run all the way down and recharge.

After that, it shouldn't matter too much. I also use the computer to charge. I have a strange/strong feeling that since less power is going through it, the longer the phone will last.

08-02-08 12:08 AM
    lithium ion batteries are the norm now in most eelctronic devices including blackberries. the best way to condition these so that your battery lasts as long as possible is this....

.....when u first get ur device you should charge it fully before using it and let it drain completely before recharging it again. i usually do this once or twice. after that you can charge as you like, but the best thing for lithium batteries is to charge it frequently rather than letting it get very low before charging.
    08-02-08 12:14 AM
    For the first few cycles it is good to let it run all the way down and recharge.

After that, it shouldn't matter too much. I also use the computer to charge. I have a strange/strong feeling that since less power is going through it, the longer the phone will last.

I'm sure the wall charger has circuitry that decreases the power load to the phone to match or come close to the USB from the pc. Maybe someone with a meter can test? Pretty sure USB puts out 5 volts.
    08-02-08 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD