I love sparkely things! But, I would never do this to my Curve, maybe a razr to hide the fact that it was a razr. Curves are beautiful to begin with. imo
    I actually have done this to my razr because there are so many of them out there that I wanted to make mine different.

I've actually seen a lot of people with curves and I want mine to stand out. It does look nice, but so boring at the same time. Hmmm...I just dont know!
    Last edited by sparklyberry; 10-17-08 at 11:57 PM.
    10-17-08 11:32 PM
    Or you could just get one of these:

They're like $25 on ebay, in a ton of different styles/colors
    10-17-08 11:46 PM
    Or you could just get one of these:

They're like $25 on ebay, in a ton of different styles/colors
    IMO...I find that tacky haha! They don't use quality stones and most of the time they're not Swarovski, but are cheap acrylic ones at the store. They use larger stones so it doesn't seem to have a smooth enough surface as smaller, more intricate stones. The handwork isn't very clean and not the entire phone is covered as they try to space the stones apart to use a smaller amount.

But thanks for the suggestion! My friend wanted me to do her phone, but she didn't wait to pay the price for real Swarovski crystals. She loves Pink, so I'll have to show this to her.
    10-18-08 12:01 AM
    This reminds me of be-dazzler. <3
    10-18-08 12:09 AM
    Okay, *phew*. I was afraid that people would be judging me. I see so many people with plain Blackberrys and I'd really like to make my stand out and look different.

This is the most stand-out, loud, sparkly thing that I usually have on me; I tend to dress somewhat casual and conservative. I'm not one of those "hoochie-mamas" with fake bling everywhere hehe...
    Double *phew*. Drama avoided. High five to both of us.
    10-18-08 01:11 AM
    Girl! (Assuming thats what you are) I have been blinging out my phones for 3 years, and that's been everything from Treos to XV6800s to Blackberries. I love to make my phone look prettier than everyone elses, so right now I have some stone size 10 and 6 Transparent Swarovski crystals covering the entire back. I did the battery door first, made sure I didn't glue my phone closed, and continued all the way around the sides, rubber and all. I bought this glue called E6000 (from Michaels) which works really well, dries like a rubber cement so it absorbs much of the shock if u happen to drop ur phone. I left out the side buttons, and there were a couple odd holes that I didn't know what they were for, so I ididnt cover those either.
    Don't let anyone discourage you. Tacky? Maybe. But u'd be surprised at the amont of folks intrigued by my phone. I'm going to get the Storm, and at that time I'll purchase a hard phone cover and decorate that instead. But for sure it'll be sparkling. I got my eye on this really pretty Swarovski Crystal named Silk, my Storm is gonna be the best on the block.
    Now go bedazzle ur phone!!!

pm me if u have any questions or need help with ur phone.
    10-18-08 01:45 AM
    Sparkles def not for me, but I admire the post, and it's been an interesting read.

You go for it! It sounds like I am sure you will put the touch of class on your berry. Post some pics when you're done though... I am trying to get my wife into BB, it this may just swing her! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 03:13 AM
    You should not stick the sparklies on the screen. Especially on in the road part of the wallpaper as displayed in the OP as this may puncture the tires of vehicles coming round the bend .

worm, I love the Swarovski Cruve. It was so tacky it was nice. My 18 year old niece did a job like that on her Moto. The sparklies all fell off in her purse. 18 year old girls should not use language like that .
    10-18-08 04:17 AM
    Just the thought of clue on the bb makes me feel shakey.

Why don't u just buy a clear hard case and cover it with crystals. This way u don't have 2 worry about what cracks and holes u can't cover. Also u could do more than one and not be stuck with one design.

Good luck, whatever u decide.

10-18-08 08:42 AM
    Neat idea, removable bling.
    10-18-08 08:53 AM
    The area in black I wouldnt cover....

just kidding.
    10-18-08 09:22 AM
    Every single cell phone I've had has Swarovski crystals because I want it to stand out and look different from others.

I've had my phone for about a week now and I'd like to bedazzle it. What areas of the phone I not place the crystals?

There are some obvious areas of the phone where I should not place the crystals (like the buttons and battery door), but what about the top rubber area of the phone where it says "Wi-Fi"? What about the "cracks" of the phone where the rubber and plastic are together?

I plan on decorating it today, so any quick input would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!

Why don't you buy a hard plastic case and decorate that?...the entire case would be hard plastic...your Berry stays the same underneath in case you need to get it repaired one day...and your Berry also gets protection with the case...
    10-18-08 10:20 AM
    Really? All the gay men that I've met LOVE my current cell phone haha! I even had a gay professor interrupt the class just to comment on my awesomely sparkly phone! LOL
    i meant the colors and pattern of the one in the link i posted
    10-18-08 02:47 PM
    After seeing that picture I don't think the crystals are a good idea lol

10-18-08 04:48 PM
    Girl! (Assuming thats what you are) I have been blinging out my phones for 3 years, and that's been everything from Treos to XV6800s to Blackberries. I love to make my phone look prettier than everyone elses, so right now I have some stone size 10 and 6 Transparent Swarovski crystals covering the entire back. I did the battery door first, made sure I didn't glue my phone closed, and continued all the way around the sides, rubber and all. I bought this glue called E6000 (from Michaels) which works really well, dries like a rubber cement so it absorbs much of the shock if u happen to drop ur phone. I left out the side buttons, and there were a couple odd holes that I didn't know what they were for, so I ididnt cover those either.
    Don't let anyone discourage you. Tacky? Maybe. But u'd be surprised at the amont of folks intrigued by my phone. I'm going to get the Storm, and at that time I'll purchase a hard phone cover and decorate that instead. But for sure it'll be sparkling. I got my eye on this really pretty Swarovski Crystal named Silk, my Storm is gonna be the best on the block.
    Now go bedazzle ur phone!!!

pm me if u have any questions or need help with ur phone.
    I've also been blinging out my phone for 4 years!

Wow, thanks for making me not lose my faith in those Swarovski crystals! I really liked them, but everyone online seems to think they're tacky. I'm going to bedazzle them either way because its just who I am. I love sparkly phones!

I decorate them in 9ss and 5ss stones, which are small, but it gives it a great look. I wanted to decorate them in all 7ss and 5ss, but that size is so expensive and difficult to find...plus it would take more than 20 gross to cover the entire phone. I've heard of the E6000 glue, but the tube looks difficult to use, so I use Gem-Tac instead and so far...its been no fuss.

Its nice to know that you covered your entire phone so that it'll even be permanent...it just looks nicer that way! It would be way to difficult to not cover up any of the seams.

How come you're getting a hard cover for your new BB to cover in Swarovski? Do you regret making it "permanent" by putting it on the original case?
    Last edited by sparklyberry; 10-19-08 at 12:04 PM.
    10-19-08 11:58 AM
    i meant the colors and pattern of the one in the link i posted
    I actually like that design!! Thats the design that I wanted, but in different colors and smaller stones. Whats wrong with that design?
    10-19-08 11:58 AM
    Why don't you buy a hard plastic case and decorate that?...the entire case would be hard plastic...your Berry stays the same underneath in case you need to get it repaired one day...and your Berry also gets protection with the case...
    I would like to keep my phone as slim as possible...having a case and stones will make it so very chunky and not appealing.
    10-19-08 11:59 AM
    The area in black I wouldnt cover....

just kidding.
    LOL!!!! Funny...........
    10-19-08 12:00 PM
    You should not stick the sparklies on the screen. Especially on in the road part of the wallpaper as displayed in the OP as this may puncture the tires of vehicles coming round the bend .

worm, I love the Swarovski Cruve. It was so tacky it was nice. My 18 year old niece did a job like that on her Moto. The sparklies all fell off in her purse. 18 year old girls should not use language like that .
    Haha...yea I won't stick it on the screen!

The rhinestones probably fell off because she used the fake acrylic ones with the sticky glue back. I used to use those before I got addicted to the real Swarovski ones. Its a pain gluing them one-by-one with tweezers, but the result is fantastic!
    10-19-08 12:02 PM
    Sparkles def not for me, but I admire the post, and it's been an interesting read.

You go for it! It sounds like I am sure you will put the touch of class on your berry. Post some pics when you're done though... I am trying to get my wife into BB, it this may just swing her! LOL

Thanks...I will!
    10-19-08 12:03 PM
    Help me pick out which design!!!! These are some designs that I have in mind, BUT they're going to be decorated in PINKS and NOT these colors.

1)

2)
    This design is exactly the same one that has been posted in this thread, but diff colors. (I actually like this design, but I want it in different colors)

3) This is similar to #1.
    10-19-08 12:17 PM
    I like #1- I like how they trim out the camera in small clear stones...that would look okay if you did that around the mirror'd part of the bb
    10-19-08 01:51 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD