All I have is google maps, memo calendar, task, pw keeper, chess, brickbreaker, and reg phone apps. I was just wondering why I loose as much as 10mb just by having the phone on. I do have bt on always and wifi when its available.
    04-12-08 11:00 AM
    All I have is google maps, memo calendar, task, pw keeper, chess, brickbreaker, and reg phone apps. I was just wondering why I loose as much as 10mb just by having the phone on. I do have bt on always and wifi when its available.
    I'm pretty sure that if you sync your BB to your computer and pull up the Load/Remove Program app in the Desktop Mgr, it will tell you how much memory each program takes up.

You might try deleting cookies, and browsing history in your web browser. I'm not sure if it helps, but I do it just out of habit and don't have any memory issues.
    04-12-08 11:05 AM
    I do delete cookies and history, but doesn't some app/s use memory while running???10mb seems to be a lot of memory being used just by having the phone on stand by
    04-12-08 11:27 AM
    Well what apps do you have running?
    04-12-08 11:37 AM
    When is the last time you did a battery pull? Or re-installed the OS?

Try JC's Optimization Guide. This should free up some memory.

Also Hold down the left 'alt' and will doing so type this sequence: EACE and then let go of the 'alt' and let me know how much free memory you have.

The phone incorporates a lot of things and does take up a lot of memory.

Are you even complaining that it's slow or that the phone takes too much?
    04-12-08 02:29 PM
    i have a memory question as well. What is a good amount to have on board? In other words, what range is good? i have 8948625 bytes. Is that enough to keep me running smooth? Also, do i have to delete programs off my balckberry with a comuter to free up memory? Can't I just go to the program and delete it straight from the BB?
    04-12-08 02:39 PM
    Press and hold ALT then press back/escape, this shows running apps and should always see: home screen, messages, phone, browser, BB messenger. if others are there select them and close them
    04-12-08 02:49 PM
    i have a memory question as well. What is a good amount to have on board? In other words, what range is good? i have 8948625 bytes. Is that enough to keep me running smooth? Also, do i have to delete programs off my balckberry with a comuter to free up memory? Can't I just go to the program and delete it straight from the BB?
    Realistically, you need to have double what you have now. You have about 8mb of free file. At this point you risk losing unsaved messages, and the phone will run slow.
    04-12-08 03:05 PM
    Realistically, you need to have double what you have now. You have about 8mb of free file. At this point you risk losing unsaved messages, and the phone will run slow.
    ok. and can i just manually delete stuff of my BB? Or do i have to go the long way and do it on the computer? I can't do the tc's optimizer stuff right now because my laptop usb ports don't work so i can't plug my berry up to it.
    04-12-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD