I'm trying to set up my phone with Twitter so I can send updates via text message.
    It tells you to send a code to the twitter short code (40404) and then you follow the instructions on the website.
    I go to 'compose SMS message' and enter the new number (40404) and the code in the message and all I get is the dreaded red 'x'.

Am I missing something?
    Please help! I know I can do twitterberry, I just wanna be able to text an update instead of going through the third party app. But really I need to know if there's a reason I can't send short code messages (the google one doesn't work either) or if I'm just doing something wrong?
    Thank you!
    03-01-09 11:12 AM
    DO a battery reset with device turned on. Have you ever been able to send? can you send to other places?
    03-01-09 11:16 AM
    that wont delete anything, right?
    no i've never been able to send to short code, but i was told it was because i didn't have an internet feature (now i do). i can send regular messages but no short-code stuff.
    03-01-09 11:34 AM
    No, its ok. Battery pulls are done with the device on and they are safe, just like rebooting your PC.. Do you have a blackberry data plan?
    03-01-09 11:37 AM
    I can't see since I'm on mobile, but what carrier are you on and do you have premium text messaging blocked? This might have something to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 11:41 AM
    yes i do. i'll try it right now..
    03-01-09 12:04 PM
    I can't see since I'm on mobile, but what carrier are you on and do you have premium text messaging blocked? This might have something to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im on tmobile and not that i know of..
    03-01-09 12:05 PM
    ok i still can't send messages to the short code.
    03-01-09 12:14 PM
    I would call your carrier and see if features on your account might have something to do with this. like PSMS blocks.
    03-01-09 12:18 PM
    I would call your carrier and see if features on your account might have something to do with this. like PSMS blocks.
    arrrrgh.
    thank you.
    i'm so frustrated with tmobile at this point.
    03-01-09 12:24 PM
    If you have a FlexPay acct I BELIEVE u won't be able to send short code msgs. Short codes don't work for me but they did at one point. But I've been reading that some ppl on Flexpay have been able to do it. I read on the tmonews forum that both google and twitter shortcodes were enabled but this was several months ago. I'm not sure if that's in effect still or what.
    03-01-09 12:51 PM
    I know this is 9 days old now lol. But my shortcodes are working once again so I'm not sure if the problem was on Tmobile's end or not. My shortcodes have been working since I retested last week (may have been sooner).
    03-10-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD