So the other while I was on a call with one of my business clients I received a text message from my Dad. I attempted to reply to it and it shows pending to send (Clock). I have the 4.5.0.77 OS on the device with Big Red and the issue seems to be intermittent. Regardless if it's incoming or outgoing calls though. Has happened on 2 8330's so far. Anyone recognize this? i've heard one Pearl with 4.5 having the same issue.

Let me know.

02-22-09 12:12 AM
    I also have this issue. I cannot send a text message while on a call, irregardless of it being an incoming or outgoing call. I find this incredibly frustrating especially when my former "non-smart phone" could do this and this one (8330 curve) can't! Any advice would be much appreciated.
    02-22-09 12:26 AM
    I'm sorry.. I'm on my berry right now and can't see your carriers.. What carriers are you with, because I for one can send and receive text irregardless of it being an imcoming or outgoing call..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 12:33 AM
    I'm sorry.. I'm on my berry right now and can't see your carriers.. What carriers are you with, because I for one can send and receive text irregardless of it being an imcoming or outgoing call..

They're on Sprint/Nextel and Verizon.

I'm with Alltel and I can send and receive texts while on calls.
    02-22-09 12:39 AM
    Hmmmm.. Is alltel CDMA as well.. If so, we can rule the CDMA/GPRS out.. And what network does sprint and verizon use, EDGE?
    02-22-09 12:42 AM
    Yes Alltel is CDMA
    02-22-09 12:47 AM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news- I can only speak of Sprint; when you're on a call, you cannot send text at the same time; you can receive. If you've been able to, consider yourself lucky at the time.

I cannot speak on Verizon because I dont use that carrier.
    02-22-09 12:55 AM
    You guys are talented. I can barely talk on my phone much less multi-task

Good to know though, if Tae can do it on AT&T I should be able too. Let me go wake up a friend to test this lol.........ty
    02-22-09 12:57 AM
    I just experienced this myself last night for the first time. VZW on an 8330. Was talking to my brother for about 45 minutes and as soon as I hung up, the new MMS message notification appeared. Now, in SMS/MMS folder it shows what time the message was sent to you. The time indicated about 35 minutes earlier than the current time. I've never had a problem receiving a SMS or MMS while on the phone before. This was the first time. Shocked and more importantly, severely disappointed me. Thankfully it wasn't a mission critical message. I was intentionally killing time on the phone with my brother while waiting for this return message. Oh well, will see if it happens again.

Chris
    02-22-09 01:32 AM
    ms messages will NOT come thru on vzw while on the phone, sms however will. I have had 8130,8330,9530 and have had zero probs sending/receiving sms while on the phone. If a mms comes in, usually when I get off the phone I will get the msg and have to select retrieve now for the whole mms to go thru.
    02-22-09 02:50 AM
    I have Verizon and am able to send and receive messages while on a call! Never had a problem with that!

02-22-09 08:01 AM
    The reason for all this the followong:

SMS is done on the voice network, you will be able to get them while on the phone.

MMS is done on data and while on the phone the device woll not do data and voice at the same time. This is the way CDMA works.
    02-22-09 08:12 AM
    I'm on vzw-& my curve 8330 is tempermental-at times I can send/rec sms/mms while on a call no matter how long & there r time wher my bb absolutly refuses 2 send but will rec! Oh well!

02-22-09 09:56 AM
    CDMA, Telus... When I'm on the phone for about 45 minutes, I'll hang up, and my phone will just go nuts, 3 emails, 2 texts, Blackberry Messenger, Facebook... It'll all go off, after the call.
    02-22-09 11:55 AM
    Well folks here is the thing. Verizon states that since we use the network architecture for cdma 1XRTT/EVDO, that only data is unable to be used while on a call. All voice services should be able to be in use. The weird thing is though, is that yes it's intermittent, but the only other way I can explain in more detail (and my fellow addicts may agree or not), is I'm on a BT at the time. So unless I serioously missed the memo here idk. My friend in the dept d/l the sprint OS update after removing the vendor file, says the same thing. Looking for more info as we speak.

02-22-09 12:11 PM
    I can receive and send sms messages while on a call everytime idk about mms though I've never received or sent one while on a call

03-08-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD