i have the blackberry curve and whenever i get an email i receive a SMS message that looks like this...
    //BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAILCI=F2005FD5ECCC2DD21529A8451D1 7041C MC

does anyone have any idea what this is and how to stop it?
    09-07-09 03:49 PM
    This occurs normally as you may have had mobile email on another phone and was never unsubscribed from. In order to stop this call VZW tech support and they can assist.
    09-07-09 03:54 PM
    I had the same issue on my Samsung Saga when I had an e-mail client installed that wasn't compatible. VZW had to go into the switch & make some corrections. Hopefully, you get an experienced support tech who can do this. I had to go through 2 or 3 calls before I got one who knew how.

It's definitely obnoxious. Give them a call.
    09-07-09 04:16 PM
    My two cents - had a Curve, drank the Kool-Aid and bought an "app friendly" EnV Touch.

HA! After two months the only "apps" VZW had posted were a bartender's guide and two apps of bikini models. Yeah, THAT's helpful.

So I ditched the Touch and bought another Curve (and yes, I realize the error of my ways and will NEVER stray to the dark side again).

So, almost immediately, I start getting these BREW messages.

Call #1 to Verizon - it's something to do with the VCast Videos I accessed (Letterman, a couple of music videos) when I had the Touch. They should all stop now.

Right.

Call #2 to Verizon - oh, yeah, I see where they're coming from, you should get just a couple more and then they'll quit.

(See a pattern here?)

Call #3 to Verizon (yesterday) for an HOUR...and several stints on hold. Told me they were issuing a trouble ticket and that she would text me the trouble ticket number within 15 minutes, that there was some issue on their end with deleting the Mobile email program from the Touch.

Three guesses as to whether I ever got the "trouble ticket" number. If you said yes, you'd be wrong.

I have no idea what kind of morons Verizon hires, but apparently I've talked to most of them in the week I've had this Curve. Now, every time I get an email, I can absolutely count on another damned stupid text message.

So I still wait for someone to figure out what the problem is. And fix it.

And yes, I searched here for the issue and reset my password (which I knew wouldn't work, but I did it anyway).

I'm not sure which sucks more, Verizon's phones (the 'app friendly' Env Touch) or their customer service reps.
    09-07-09 06:33 PM
    Sorry to hear your issue has not yet been resolved. This issue would never need a ticket. A rep once told me that there is a tool they have access to that they can remove the mobile email subscription and this will stop the notifications. Once this is done it can take a day or so to fully stop.

If that fails, then a ticket would be in order.
    09-07-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD