Ok, so I had to get up and share this. This may be long but I wanted to be thorough. I've had my curve for about four months now and have memory leaks but I've read the posts and 'assumed' it's normal. I haven't installed too much on it so I haven't gone through the steps in the memory optimization post.
    I usually have about 18mb free memory right after a battery pull but it quickly drops to around 12mb during the day especially when I'm home- I use a bt and wifi - hotspot at home. I've installed one additional theme, google maps, 411, opera mini, yahoo go, stil have all the im's - hardly use them apart from bb msgr, bb maps, 4 games and also added the today plus theme. I instantly always clear my cache, don't leave programs open and under media have allowed 0mb reserved for media and 12mb for device mem limit and I have a 4gb mem card for my own media.
    I installed all my programs OTA so had never installed an app using the DM. I wanted to try out the 'L' theme so I had to install it through the DM and this was my first time using it. Anyway, I was bored yesterday and that's how I ended up with the 4 extra games on my berry. They were all minimal size but I went through about 15 games - was looking at this free game site to see what I'd like - so I figured I'd delete ICQ which I've never used, probably never will don't have an account. I don't use the other IMs much but I have all those accounts so don't wanna delete them in case I need them.
    So here's what I was getting at, after all the deleting of games and back and forth and then deleting ICQ I'm still square at around 18.6mb after restarting my berry. I was charging my berry and playing a game and noticed my memory is not dropping. Usually it drops to about 16mb within 30 minutes, with me using my berry or not. So I start wondering, so I play at least one round of each game and it's still at 18.5. I open google maps, yahoo go, opera mini, play a song - still at 18.5 or so. I browse a little it's still around 18.5 and I clear my cache and it increases back to 18.6. I'm like hmmm, so I just woke up have been checking it all evening but it's still at 18.6!
    This is sooo awesome for me cos that was my ONLY issue with my berry! I hate the memory and patiently waiting for the new OS, heard it may fix this. I have to say it's also soooo ******** fast right now! , and it was not slow prior to this with around even 10mb left. I'm hoping this lasts but has anyone had this happen where deleting just one app like ICQ solves the memory leak? Can I fall more in luv with my berry? LUV IT!!
    OK, I'm going back to bed, I need my beauty sleep.
    Last edited by yaabeng; 06-08-08 at 04:40 AM.
    06-08-08 04:24 AM
    Just to add, my battery life is really good but I've noticed it's much better because I've been fidgeting with it to see if the mem drops since yesterday evening, heavy browsing and playing music and I'm now at 80%. Also ICQ was always automatically open, even though I turned off that setting, when I restarted my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 04:57 AM
    That is very encouraging.

I have deleted all the messenger apps including ICQ and my memory is very stable at about 2 Mb under my start up total.
    06-08-08 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD