My BB all of a sudden today started making a "beep beep beep...beep beep beep" sound before it dials a number or before you hear the other person's voice when answering their call. This only happens after you have hit the talk button to make a call or answer it. I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening. The only idea I have is that I used voice dialing for the first time today so maybe this changed some setting to make this beeping sound. Any ideas on how to stop this noise? Thanks!!
    04-14-09 02:00 AM
    Try a battery pull with the BB on, wait 30 seconds then reinstall the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 02:14 AM
    I've heard this before, and not just on wireless phones. I think some cordless phones do it to. As far as I know, it has something to do with the radio frequency causing feedback or a loopback or something. I honestly don't know the technical details, but know it happens.

In fact, if you play GTA IV, they even mimic this behavior in the game. Niko's phone will do that weird "beepbeepbeep beepbeepbeep" just before the phone rings. I think it also did it when you drove through the tunnel in the game too.
    04-14-09 08:29 AM
    I've only heard of this happening with u are within airrave coverage, I forget verizons name for their box but it would do the same thing if u are within someones range.

Not sure if this is ur case but this happens before calls when connected to an airrave to let you know u are connected to the box

04-14-09 08:48 AM
    I think your neighbor has a airave box that is "open". Mine is closed and only allows number I enter to connect to it.

04-14-09 09:54 AM
    Btw, airrave is the slickest thing since shirt pockets!!! Just wish the data through it was faster.

04-14-09 09:58 AM
    Yea agreed I love mine lol data is hit and miss but atleast I get full bars in the house

04-14-09 10:01 AM
    It means the government has tapped your phone. Big brother is out to get you!

04-14-09 10:02 AM
    Btw, airrave is the slickest thing since shirt pockets!!! Just wish the data through it was faster.

Agreed! I use an Airave at my ranch and it's pretty awesome. Was bent out of shape because I had to get one since the ranch was shown on a coverage map as full digital. But the Airave works like a champ! The beeping noise is like earlier stated is because you are in range of an airave. You must be pretty close because they say they cover 5000 sqft. Does this just happen at one place like your home, or does it happen at work or other places too?
    04-14-09 10:05 AM
    Verizon calls it a network extender. It works great!!!
    04-14-09 10:23 AM
    Tried a battery pull with the phone on but that didn't fix the problem. It happens no matter where I am. I guess I will have to take it into the Sprint store and have them take a look at it. Thanks for the advice though.
    04-14-09 10:45 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Pearl (8130) with Sprint and recently I am having a similar issue:

-Whenever I place a call, I hear two short beeps before the phone rings on the other end.

-Whenever I receive a call, I hear two beeps as soon as I answer.

I have done the 'ol battery pull, to no avail.

Does anyone, anyone know whats up?

UPDATE: You know, I think it has to do with how many voice mails you have. I did a test:
    First, I saved or deleted my voice mails and placed a call, no beeps!
    Second, I left a voice mail on my BB from my work phone and placed a call, no beeps.
    Third, I left a second voice mail on my BB from my work phone and placed a call, beeps are back!

Does anyone know if this is the issue for sure?
    Last edited by ghostie; 04-20-09 at 03:24 PM.
    04-20-09 03:13 PM
    I am finding a similar issue. When I answer a call, it makes some loud combo of static and beep noise before I hear the other caller. The person who is calling me hears it too - they said every time they call, they hear a loud noise right when I pick up, before they can hear me. I haven't found this issue when calling out though. This happens no matter where I am. I have the curve on Verizon.
    04-20-09 03:32 PM
    To me it kind of sounds like service alerts that you have on a flip phone for a minute beep or call connect but as far as I know that is not an option on the Curve. Other then that I'm not sure what it is.

04-20-09 04:53 PM
    it happens to me when im roamin wit verizon coverage
    04-29-09 03:34 AM
    it happens to me when im roamin wit verizon coverage
    i have heard the same thing
    04-29-09 03:43 AM
    Right.... Figured it.

Somewhere i read that the guy downgraded the OS from 4.5 to 4.2 and it solved his problem. So I tried it.

I had an 8320 doing this weird and annoying beep before calls... (like it is making a data call)

Downgraded to 4.2 and it stopped!

I know it isn't the best solution, but that's all i could figure to solve it... done everything... reset to factory, and all the rest of it...
    03-05-10 04:13 PM
    It means your call is on the new LTE system.

Haha! Just kidding!

I have both the 8330 and the 8830 on Verizon and have never heard any beeps.
    03-05-10 10:04 PM
    Et phone home
    03-05-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD