so my friend bbm'd me today while i was on my break at work, and he tells me that i keep "deleting" him and "re-adding" him. he keeps getting the notification asking if he wants me to be on his friend's list. I asked other contacts on my bbm, and they say they don't get those notifications. So i'm just going to assume that there's something wrong with my friend's bb and not mine ... unless i'm doing something wrong on my bbm.

and question:
    i have the pink bb curve 8310, and i was wondering how do i put my status on "busy". the smiley face with the clock by the name.
    01-11-09 10:09 PM
    Not sure about the repeat requests. To change your own status, BBM>MenuKey>My Status, select the desired status.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 10:15 PM
    but i get the "x" by my smiley face.
    and some bb users get the "clock" by the face :S is it the same thing?

and yeah .. the repeat request is weird...
    01-11-09 10:19 PM
    The X means you have set your status to unavailable. you will not get alerts that you have messages. The messages will still come through..you just won't be alerted.

The smilie face with the clock means the person on the other end is busy. Really what it means is they have not read the message you sent them within 1 minute. And BBM doesn't consider the message read until the recipient actually moves the cursor up into the message field. You can't just have your cursor in the response field of an active conversation, have to actually move it up to the new message in order to have bbm think it is read. And that is what the "r" next to a message means...the other person has read it.
    01-11-09 10:47 PM
    ooooooooooooooooh okay thanks!
    01-11-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD