do the websites show up on the bill? my phone comes tomorrow and is on my dads plan, so whether or not the sites i visit show up on the bill will certainly affect my browsing habits. thanks guys
    02-17-09 03:10 AM
    I have no idea if they show up on the bill since I just pay online, but I highly doubt it.

Looking up p--n huh?! Haha.
    02-17-09 04:00 AM
    Lol exactly what I was thinking OSU

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 04:13 AM
    This is ridiculous....

02-17-09 04:15 AM
    I guess it depends on your service carrier.
    Verizon doesn't go that deep, but he can look up the numbers you text to (and who texts you) on the internets via verizon's website. He can't read the messages themselves.
    02-17-09 04:27 AM
    lol, mwuahaha, lol again

I dont think verizon could track your www browsing habits even if they wanted to, since i believe all the browser data goes through the BIS service instead of verizon.

very little if any of the browser data even hits verizons network data servers from the way RIM describes their dual-network model for blackberries.

you are either using a bb that is connected to Verizon + RIM (BIS)

or a blackberry that is connected to verizon + a corporate/enterprise server (BES)

think of verizon as your connection to the internet highway, but RIM's BIS service as your taxi.

i dont think (i could be wrong) that your carrier does any of the DNS resolution for your network browsing at all, i think its all provisioned seperately through the BIS service.

ever notice that when you upgrade a BB 8330, you get 2 activation messeges......one from verizon, one from RIM.....

you get the first one (from verizon) when the phone first turns on, but the second one only comes after you have turned on you'r network connection (i.e. once you have requested access to the data network)
    02-17-09 05:31 AM
    Dude all of it shows up p**n sites and all! Might as well tell dad dude

02-17-09 08:23 AM
    ha i'm 20 i don't care all that much if dad sees what i look at, as i live 1000 miles away from him. just in case i wanna catch a little booty on the walk to class
    02-17-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD