Hi!
    I'm new - just got the curve yesterday. I never had a BB before so I'm a little overwhelmed and will be writing often :-)

In the browser - how can I get the pages to look normal, meaning just mini versions of the real thing? Now it messes up the pages all over the place and is very hard to read. I've seen the iPhone and it displays web pages perfectly - can this curve do the same thing?

thanks!
    Kim
    06-24-08 07:20 AM
    when in the browser, hit the bb button and select page view. It will give you a zoomed out version of whatever page you are looking at.
    06-24-08 07:22 AM
    Try using a program called Opera Mini. This lets you veiw the site like they were designed to be viewed. Hope this helps.
    06-24-08 07:23 AM
    I feel so clueless with this phone! ;-)
    Sorry for the stupid questions but how can I download opera mini, straight from the phone?
    06-24-08 07:27 AM
    I downloaded opera mini to my pc and loaded it to my BB from the desktop manager. I know one time I noticed in the BB browser the page view option. Is it possible to set this as the default view? Is the option available for all pages? I was of the impression the only way to view web pages like they appear on a pc was with opera mini but if I can do so in the BB browser then I guess I have no need for opera mini unless there is some other advantages to using it.
    06-24-08 10:01 AM
    You can download it through your phone by going to www.operamini.com in the phone's browser. It's pretty self-explanatory from there.

The greatest advantage of Opera Mini in my opinion would be the speed at which it operates. It connects to a server and loads MUCH quicker than the Blackberry default browser.
    06-24-08 10:15 AM
    I downloaded it straight to the phone.

I haven't tried the desktop software yet.

thanks!
    06-25-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD