One more shot. I've been looking for over two weeks. No luck. I can view pdf's in an e-mail attachment, have a beta version of repligo, mobipocket, but none of them can open a web-based pdf like adobe on a home pc. I'm going to the Verizon store to exchange this for a Palm since I'm within my 30day trial period. But to be honest, I like this phone and the Palm's seem to be a pain in the ***. Does anyone know of a way to make this work?

Rich
    07-24-08 08:05 PM
    Do not make the trade. I open email attached PDFs made from Adobe all of the time.
    I think you need to update your OS to 4.5.0.44 or higher. My PDFs are E-size drawing, 36"x48". I am able to zoom and pan the pdf.
    Message me through crackberry if need more assistance.
    Lance
    07-24-08 11:42 PM
    I sent you a message Lance, I appreciate the help. The problem however is not opening pdf's as attachments, but opening them when they are webpages, or web based pdf's. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Rich
    07-25-08 06:31 AM
    I haven't tried it, bec I can't think of a web based pdf at the moment, but have you tried thru Opera Mini?
    07-25-08 06:42 AM
    I have tried through Opera Mini, somewhat. I can not type in the address as the symbol key won't work so I can't type in an equals sign....
    07-25-08 06:51 AM
    can you give us an example of a site/PDF?
    07-25-08 07:25 AM
    ive tried from both the BB broswer and opera mini on os 4.5.0.52 with no luck.

the pdf im trying to open to figure it out is on this site here

DART First State - DART Bus Route 5

is the public bus site, and in order to see a route schedule, it must be opened in pdf.

thru the BB i get an error as soon as i go to open it.

thru opera mini, it brings me to a download page to actually download the pdf file, but when i give opera mini access, it takes me to the BB browser and gives me the same error.

kind of a bummer to kno i cant get a schedule to a bus route if i ever need it on the go.
    07-25-08 08:03 AM
    ive tried from both the BB broswer and opera mini on os 4.5.0.52 with no luck.

the pdf im trying to open to figure it out is on this site here

DART First State - DART Bus Route 5

is the public bus site, and in order to see a route schedule, it must be opened in pdf.

thru the BB i get an error as soon as i go to open it.

thru opera mini, it brings me to a download page to actually download the pdf file, but when i give opera mini access, it takes me to the BB browser and gives me the same error.

kind of a bummer to kno i cant get a schedule to a bus route if i ever need it on the go.

it worked for me, OS 4.2.

summary:

1) Doesn't open in BB browser.

2A) when I go to open the PDF in Opera, if you click Open, it asks if it can use the BB browser. If you say Yes, that will fail.

2B) Instead of choosing Open.. choose SAVE and save to your phone or media card. The first time I tried to save to the media card, it had an error. I clicked Save again adn this time it downloaded it.

3) I loaded it in Repligo reader, and it's there!

Try to SAVE it to your BB or media card, THEN open it.
    07-25-08 08:39 AM
    how about bb key/menu and email it to yourself on the go.
    view from email.
    07-25-08 09:03 AM
    I went to the site you suggested in the normal BlackBerry browser. I clicked around a bit. Found a bus route, clicked on it and it opened.

I have BeamBerry installed on my 8310. I am running OS 4.2.2.194 - which is old.
    07-25-08 09:51 AM
    No need to go Palm. You can do it fine on your BB with no extra software. Just a little patience. I have your route working fine on my BB with no addons and OS 4.3.etc

Went to your site in Opera.
    Saved the PDF file to my microSD card.
    Sent it to myself as an email attachment.
    Opened the attachment.

Start to finish in under 3 minutes and that was with a 500k PDF.
    07-25-08 10:35 AM
    So there are two ways. One with the bult in browser that I used and another using Opera-Mini.

If you spent $46 on BeamBerry then you can view it without even sending it via email.

I now count 2 ways + 2 further ways to view on the BlackBerry + the ability to save and view locally.
    07-25-08 03:55 PM
    Neither of the browsers work for my application. I don't have Beamberry, and I can't save the file, when I click "view dispatch," meaning my file to view it won't bring it up. An error will come up with the built-in browser, and on Opera Mini it will appear to be working to bring it up, then stop. I think probably the best route for me is either E-Fax or Call Wave. I have no problem viewing PDF's on an attachment. I also have no problem buying Beamberry, but I've talked to another person with the same problem who said Beamberry also did not work with their application. I did opt to keep the BB though, because there is no quarantee the Palm will work, and honestly, I like the BB. I appreciate everyone's help, but I just can't make it work, I've been trying for about two weeks now!

Rich
    07-25-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD