Sorry I am at work and can't do a thorough search, but I want to know if I can get my weather displayed on my Curve and how? I returned the first Curve I had because the camera stopped working; on that phone I had weatherbug but it only displayed current temp on the weatherbug icon.

I have seen some screen shots throughout these forums showing detailed weather info on their home screen apart from their main icons. Some seem to show clouds over sun icons along with temperatures (etc...), so how can I get this functionality on my curve???
    03-23-09 02:10 PM
    03-23-09 02:15 PM
    I use weathereye, it has the icons with the temp and weather conditions you are looking for.

I'll try and find you a link.

Edit: good ol' Trem beat me to it.
    03-23-09 02:15 PM
    I agree - WeatherEye is the best
    03-23-09 02:16 PM
    Thanks, I will check out weather eye then!!! So weathereye displays the weather on my home page all the time, or do you have to access and open it to see the current weather?
    03-23-09 02:21 PM
    I use accuweather.. Good luck!
    03-23-09 02:22 PM
    I have installed WeatherEye on my Curve.

When I try to add my city to it, it doesn't find it. Do I need to go for a bigger city around me? I'm in a population of 5,000 city and an hour from a "big" city.
    03-23-09 03:11 PM
    03-23-09 03:15 PM
    I replaced WeatherEye with the new BB Weather and I like it alot, i also like how it lets you customize the icon and font...
    03-23-09 03:17 PM
    I have installed WeatherEye on my Curve.

When I try to add my city to it, it doesn't find it. Do I need to go for a bigger city around me? I'm in a population of 5,000 city and an hour from a "big" city.
    Yes, cat, that would be the way to go.
    03-23-09 03:17 PM
    I replaced WeatherEye with the new BB Weather and I like it alot, i also like how it lets you customize the icon and font...
    Just downloaded the new BB Weather. I'll run them side-by-side on my homescreen till I decide who wins.

So far, I'm not entirely happy with the update intervals on the Weathereye icon. I'll see if the BB Weather does a better job at displaying current conditions.
    03-23-09 03:36 PM
    Just downloaded the new BB Weather. I'll run them side-by-side on my homescreen till I decide who wins.

So far, I'm not entirely happy with the update intervals on the Weathereye icon. I'll see if the BB Weather does a better job at displaying current conditions.
    WeatherEye is spotty at times, I really like the BB Weather application, make sure to hit Menu >Exit, instead of close to keep down on the memory drain, I've been running it for weeks and it doesn't faze my Pearl memory wise...
    03-23-09 03:40 PM
    Yeah, I figured I wanted the Exit instead of Close, but since the update interval is the same (120 mins.) as on the Weathereye, I might actually try it using Close to see how much memory it uses and if the updates are more current. Thanks.
    03-23-09 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I figured I wanted the Exit instead of Close, but since the update interval is the same (120 mins.) as on the Weathereye, I might actually try it using Close to see how much memory it uses and if the updates are more current. Thanks.
    Let us know how that works, close vs. exit...
    03-23-09 03:50 PM

Been doing this for about a week now. I did the same with WB and WE and stuck with WE. Great minds..... I always use exit myself...... hmmm
    03-23-09 03:51 PM
    I tried Weathereye but also live in the sticks so it wasn't accurate for me. I've used Weatherbug for a long time and really like it. Forecasts can be done for even remote areas and you can get an icon that displays the current weather and high/low temp if you mouse over it. Tge drawback is you get two icons. The "bug" icon is useful though because it flashes red or alerts you with audio for weather alerts -- useful for severe thunderstorm or tornado warnings. Alerts are customizable. It also saves locations so I can see weather for several places by using the menu. I downloaded the BB weather app and will compare features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 03:57 PM
    I went with BBWeather, going to give this one a try and see how it works out!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
    03-23-09 04:08 PM
    had a scout leader show me a live doppler pic of the state that really painted me a pic of the storm i was headed into on the bike one mite. hope i can get something like that on my curve.
    03-23-09 04:19 PM
    I just checked out the new BB Weather app, but don't think I'll be replacing Weatherbug. I may keep both, but BB Weather has no weather alerts which makes it less useful for me. Weatherbug gives me both the daily high and low plus current conditions on its forecast icon. The second icon shows current temperature and gives warnings about severe weather. Since the area I live in is subject to severe storms and tornadoes, so the weather alert feature is too important to give up. I do like the forecast screen on BB Weather though when you click on its icon but it isn't enough to make me give up the features of the free Weatherbug app.
    03-23-09 04:25 PM
    Been doing this for about a week now. I did the same with WB and WE and stuck with WE. Great minds..... I always use exit myself...... hmmm
    I just deleted BBWeather. Weathereye had moon icons that changed with the phase of the moon, BBWeather doesn't.

Also, Weathereye gives an actual temp then a "feels like XX" relative temperature based on humidity and wind. BBWeather says something like 81 degrees, feels like 81 degrees.

Last edited by xliderider; 03-26-09 at 06:33 AM.
    03-26-09 02:40 AM
    How did anyone get the 2 icons with WB? I run 4.5 and still only shows me 1 icon?? Any ideas??

03-26-09 05:20 AM
    weathereye FTW!
    03-27-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD