Last night I was messing around with weatherbug, had the bug, also had the graphic for sun/rain on my screen, compared it to weathereye, decided to keep weathereye and delete, WB.. uninstalled it, the bug with the temp left, however there is still a bug on my screen, thinking it was the push one left, and that it would go away, still there this morning, I did a reset, still there.

Last night when it was still there, i was able to click and it would take me to the forecast, this morning when I did I got this error

Error starting "Wb_direct_library" not found.

Am I jumping the gun a bit, hoping it will eventually disappear next push, WB is no where installed on my phone..
    11-08-08 10:14 AM
    Since you have CrackUtil, have a look with the File Manager to see if you can spot any files remaining. Not all apps uninstall cleanly but I am surprised to hear such a widely used app such as WeatherBug is not uninstalling properly. I assume that you have done a battery pull?
    11-08-08 10:31 AM
    yeh I did Pete, I forgot that crackutil will help, I actually opened up the cdrive to see what i could find, but it displays all PITA'sy LOL

Lets have a look with crackutil..
    11-08-08 10:35 AM
    Awesome, I found it in there, deleted the file.. all gone

thanks for the suggestion, I would never have tried that, I was searching all the way thru it on my cdrive, this was much basic.
    11-08-08 10:38 AM
    This is why you should stick with Accuweather push.

After I un-installed Weatherbug, I recovered a couple of MB's of memory, and memory is much more stable.
    11-08-08 10:47 AM
    I dont have accuweather LOL I have weathereye
    11-08-08 11:05 AM
    How much memory does weathereye take up rachel?
    11-08-08 11:07 AM
    Not too much, about the same as weatherbug, I want to say 200 and something, but dont recall off hand..

you can get it here and see

http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

I really dont have any issues with my memory anyways so it doesnt botther me, Ive got about 9 apps installed, sitting steady around 25mb
    11-08-08 11:11 AM
    I dont have accuweather LOL I have weathereye
    Weathereye is definately better than Weatherbug.
    11-08-08 11:12 AM
    I think they're both about 340-360K.
    11-08-08 11:13 AM
    Weathereye is definately better than Weatherbug.

I dont know if its *better*, the icon is much prettier LOL
    I had read alot of people saying WE wasnt as accurate as WB, so last night I tested them both, they were the same,
    But then again, you cant really tell for sure if WE is not accurate, or WB is not accurate, KWIM? how DO you know unless you are outside with a thermometer, barometer etc LOL
    I think its personal choice when it all comes down to it
    11-08-08 11:14 AM
    Awesome, I found it in there, deleted the file.. all gone

thanks for the suggestion, I would never have tried that, I was searching all the way thru it on my cdrive, this was much basic.
    The app is loaded as a cod file which may contain more cod file (a bit like a zip file). This way a developper can ship just a couple of files for an entire application. The main cod file is opened up on the phone after copying. This is the reason that the white screen appears for ages after an OS reload. The phone has to unbundle all these great big files and then install them.

branta tells me that you can look inside a cod file with WordPad. I'd suggest making a copy of the file first though. He was sayng that you could search inside the file with WordPad once it was opened.
    11-08-08 12:01 PM
    I tried lookin in my c: drive for it, where i removed all the myfavs icons, but I didnt really knpw spefically what i was looking for in there, with crackutil, it was all in plain *here it is* English lol

And Im glad I stumbled across it last night, Crackpic wasnt co-operating for me, I found it, its already built in, it worked, and it solved another issue I had today LOL
    good job on that.
    11-08-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD