I bought a blackberry unlocked blackberry on ebay to use on fido carrier.
    it is branded from T-Mobile
    I have the data plan, and everything were working fine on my last blackberry that i had buyed too on ebay before i broke it.

when i tryed to register my blackberry on my fido.blackberry.com account,
    they told me that the PIN or IMEI is invalid, at first i thought that maybe the pin was uncleared...but what is weard is that my blackberry messenger work i have contact inside and talk with them without problem but i do no have any browser icon...the internet and the BES doesnt work.. do you think that my imei can be blacklisted or something?? and i do not have ANYTHING in my Services book entries.
    help please!!
    sorry for my english
    12-07-09 05:44 PM
    Go into your BIS Account, and enter in a 0 for imei and 0 for pin. Plug in your imei and pin, should work. If not call tech support. The bis website is for email. Have them check the BIS admin site. The pin might still be connected to another account.
    12-07-09 09:26 PM
    i dont think that the pin is still locked to another one company because my blackberry messenger works! thats why i dont understand..
    i tryed what u said by entering 0 on both PIN and IMEI on the BIS but they told me invalid pin or imei format...
    12-08-09 12:08 AM
    Hey,

I have a Blackberry Curve 8300 unlocked and am using it on Fido.

The guys at Fido are able to fix this problem very easily but since its not a fido phone they offer a lot of resistance. They will act as if its impossible to fix but its actually very simple.

This was my response to someone else who had the same problem. Follow my instructions and you should have your phone activated in under a day.
    Listen, the guys at fido are instructed to give you a hard time with connecting non fido phones because they want you to buy their pearl.

They gave me the same rant last week when I got my 8300. Do you know what I did.

1. Call and tell them that you data aren’t working. Don't mention that it’s a non fido phone.
    2. They'll ask for the type of phone and just say blackberry.
    3. They'll once again ask you for the exact type. Tell them your model number

*This is where they'll tell you that they can't guarantee that it will work.

4. Inform them that you've done this in the past and that it worked fine and you just want to switch you data onto your old phone.

*What they should do from here is custom make you a number that will allow you to get data on your phone.

Once this happens they'll tell you to reset your phone. If it worked you'll get a text message saying that fido has activated you data package. If not wait a few ours and call again.

It took my 3 calls to get them to fix my data. I called 2 times in the night time and finally got a full timer in the morning to fix my data. I just let her know that the phone was telling me that my Service provider didn't activate it. She said ok and fixed the problem in under 2 minutes.

Moral of the story. Keep calling until you get someone from fido to help you
    If that doesn't work just keep on calling and hope to get a different person
    12-08-09 05:57 AM
    thanks for your answer . i will try it!
    12-08-09 10:11 AM
    Let me know if you manage to get your phone fixed
    12-08-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD