Ok guys, new BB owner here, just got my 8320 yesterday from T-Mobile. I have some basic questions since I suck at this.
    When I get home today I will order an 8GB memory card since I want to have all my music on the phone also.

-Since I have not yet signed up for the T-Mobile internet, will T-Mobile charge me when I use my WiFi at home??

-I need links to cool free apps for the phone, like weather, maybe a better browser if available, better music player etc.

I also read you can delete the foreign languages and optimize the battery (I guess for longer battery life). So if someone could help me with this I will send you cookies in the mail. :-)
    01-29-09 01:48 PM
    ? Yup that goes along with buying beer just because it's in a pretty bottle.
    That was too funny. But I know what you mean I had a friend and it took almost 2 yrs for her to add a data plan to her BB. She got one just because she wanted to keep up with the coolphone. She has seen the lightbut still does not let her BB be all it can be. The poor phone what can we do to help it reachit's full potential?
    01-29-09 01:53 PM
    Ok guys, new BB owner here, just got my 8320 yesterday from T-Mobile.
    Here are a couple of links to help you get started:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Enjoy!
    01-29-09 02:02 PM
    I work for Sprint and after the customer purchases the phone, two sites I always tell them about, crackberry.com and zedge.net (ringtones).
    BUT it is so shocking when people come in for repair/service and you check out there phone and see that it is SO boring and plain. No apps, no wallpaper, no theme...NOTHING. So I agree, that we need to make people aware of what these handhelds can do!!!
    01-29-09 02:31 PM
    I work at the bank and I run into countless people with Blackberries. Today I ran into my first Storm user, and boy did he not have a clue. I informed him about that little level app for the Storm and about a few other apps available to his phone. The other day I had a customer (hot bikini model (had to throw that in there, sorry) and she had a Curve which she was addicted to but was completely unaware of the full potential it had and about all the free apps for it. The list goes on and on and on. I try to do my part while I'm processing the transaction I'll mention a few things here and there. Having a Blackberry without using it to it's full potential is like driving a Ferrari but never over 50mph.
    01-29-09 02:44 PM
    There are a bunch of people at work who have 7000 series BB on BES. To them it's a glorified phone that gets email. No clue what to do with them.

I also met a guy who had a curve. He was the head IT guy for the company he worked for and was in charge of their BB's. Never heard of OS 4.5 or 3rd party apps. I showed him mine and he's like "holy sh!t".
    01-29-09 02:49 PM
    One of my coworkers got herself a Curve the same day I did. Every day I get a few "how'd you do that!?"s thrown at me... so I gave her the link to BBerry 101. Do you think she ever looked at it?

Nope. She installed AIM once I showed her how, and dropped right into the joys of LOLz and OMFGs. Oy. Ignorance is bliss.
    01-29-09 03:06 PM
    It happened to me last week. Buddy had joined our table at the pub, pulls out his Curve for a quick glance at messages or whatever....

Asked him which one was was? Dumb look on his face, had it out of his hands and punched up Options / About in a couple seconds. Turns out, he had never even opened Options, I got to show him the ropes.
    01-29-09 03:09 PM
    =
    I still do not know why every once in a while i get calls from my own cellphone number.
    It's because your BB loves you (((((THIS)))) much and wants attention
    01-29-09 03:12 PM
    I bought the Curve thanks to the BB addict at my local Verizon store. I was looking at getting a WinMo and she totally got me sold on the Curve. Next my lady seen how much I enjoyed my Curve and how cool I customized it and she wanted one. So she got one and I hooked it all up for her, but she never uses it to it's full potential. I also had to show 2 co-workers on how much they were missing out on.
    01-29-09 03:13 PM
    Thought you'd get a kick out of this. My gf sent it to me yesterday.

Subject: BlackBerry Prayer: Urban Word of the Day

January 28: BlackBerry Prayer

The supplicating position one assumes when grasping the popular six-ounce wireless combination e-mailer/phone known as the BlackBerry between your palms and thumb-tapping messages on its QWERTY keyboard.

The MUNI is filled with people doing their morning Blackberry Prayer rituals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LMAO!!!! love it!!!!!! wow, I must be hyper-spiritual then....
    01-29-09 03:22 PM
    After getting my Storm I found several people that have BB's and only one had ever even heard of CB. I was amazed that not one of them even knew half of what their BB's were capable of. I found it somewhat comical that I am a new BB user and knew more about them than any of these others. Most are now using CB and learning to use their BB's to the level they are meant to be used. I have even educated strangers to CB!
    01-29-09 03:43 PM
    I try to "advance the cause" where I work and with BB owners I know...biggest disappointment are those who "just don't care"! They invest no time or effort into learning more than the basics - but oh they know how to whine and complain! Won't read up, won't sign on with Crackberry, won't take help to improve their situation! Reason? They just don't want to THINK about it. I'll upgrade, optimize and problem-solve with anyone who's interested but most of my coworkers just don't want to get involved.

01-29-09 09:10 PM
    This seems to happen to a lot of crack addicts! I have sold three pearls in the past month, and I make sure to give them the CB site. They all have thanked me profusely! It' so funny. My wife has had a pearl for over a year, and is still clueless about all the amazing things these devices can do. She knows I'm addicted, so she no longer bothers me when she sees me typing away! Since she still considers her pearl "just a phone", I'll pass my curve on to her when Sprint releases the new bb on their network! She won't mind, since it's just a phone!

01-29-09 09:29 PM
    I've had my curve, my first blackberry, for about 4 months now and *LOVE* it! It's everything I ever needed in a phone, mp3 player, PDA and web browser.

I've only met one person with a blackberry, I asked how he liked it and he said "Don't use it, prefer my iPhone". There seems to be a real shortage of people even remotely interested in gadgets over this neck of the woods.
    01-29-09 10:06 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD