Hello,

Does anyone know what the water indicator on the blackberry 8330 battery looks like. I have red xxx on mine. But, after looking it up a little I am thinking that maybe that doesn't mean I have water unless its pink.
    08-26-09 03:00 PM
    Your thinking is correct.
    08-26-09 03:02 PM
    Red XX's on the battery is the normal condition. The other water indicators on the device are pure white.
    08-26-09 03:02 PM
    So why isn't my keyboard working. I was thinking water damage....but, I am second guessing myself. Could the keyboard just die for no reason? I am afraid to go to Verizon and then they tell me its water damage.
    08-26-09 03:10 PM
    There is more than one water damage sticker. One you will see is on the battery, others are inside the device so it's possible to get water damage and not see the sticker change.

If the device is already damaged and you are unsure what has happened, just take it in. If they cover it with the warranty you are laughing. If it's water damage they will just give it back and tell you you're on your own.

They won't keep it or anything so really there's no risk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:37 PM
    If the keyboard was exposed to moisture (even a little bit), it will demonstrate problems like that and it's absolutely possible for the keyboard to be exposed to water without the other moisture indicators showing anything.

Moisture can come from a sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, high humidity, steamy bathroom, etc.
    08-26-09 06:39 PM
    If the keyboard was exposed to moisture (even a little bit), it will demonstrate problems like that and it's absolutely possible for the keyboard to be exposed to water without the other moisture indicators showing anything.

Moisture can come from a sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, high humidity, steamy bathroom, etc.
    Or the sauna, I told you not to take it into the sauna. Did you listen? Nooooo....
    08-26-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD