After reading dozens of different posts all over the internet, i totally took part my curve. i am very technical and wasnt worried doing so. before i took it apart i tried the rice and i even put it in my oven.
    the thing is it would turn on but none of the buttons would work. and i am very impatient so i did keep putting in my battery to see if it would work.
    so after geting it all apart i found a small amount of water under the lcd screan
    i cleaned everything with 91%alchhol. i took a q-tip to almost every part and i have had some succes.
    several buttons do work but not the one i need. my phone is locked and the q button wich is the first letter of my password will not register AT all. i even tried to take different contacts from working buttonss and still nothing. i did notice that there was moisture under the q buttons contact tape so i alchholed that and let it dry and put a dry contact on it but still will not work.! im still rly confused. is it possible that the water shorted out that one button?
    and the trachball wouldnt click either so i took the tape off that and cleaned it and that still wont owrk. it just perplexes me how most of the buttons can work yet some still dont. i am out of ideas..
    sry for my terivle typing too.
    i saw a new contact sheet online for the bb but if a dry working contact will not make the button register would this even help me?
    07-09-10 02:34 PM
    If you kept powering it on, your button may be fried.

HOWEVER

How long ago did all of this occur? You may end up with a zombie phone - one that comes back from the dead after several days. I've read about it more than once.
    07-09-10 02:47 PM
    today would be day two. so yea i guess i should just wait it out but im such a social butterfly i feel lost lol. jp.

and there are a few non working buttons. could individual ones on the board fry out? even though the one right next to it still works.?
    07-09-10 03:04 PM
    I've dropped my phone face down in a puddle before. The water wasn't deep by any means, but the whole face of it hit the water, and it was in for less than a second. I put it in rice immediately and waited 24 hours, then when I pulled it out my Q and A keys didn't work but everything else did.

After about 2 more days, they started working again - so I have a zombie phone myself.

YMMV - the best advice I can give is to make sure it is 100% dry before powering on. Unfortunately, being impatient and powering on the phone can fry things - be it the whole phone or just a key or two.

Since you're on day two, I'd say give it another couple days. They may yet come back.
    07-09-10 04:17 PM
    the funny thing is the e and r dnt work wither so i cant even wipe the friggen thing when it tells me to type blackberry to make it not have a password. this is redic. i guess its time for a new phone.
    07-09-10 06:14 PM
    My first 8330 did an Irish Car Bomb one night but I someone managed to be smart enough to yank the battery out and waited until the next night to put the battery back in. Upon powering back on the P, enter, and $ wouldn't work and I even completey dried it on low with a blow dryer for a loooong time. The buttons were still fried after all my attempts at reviving it. I ended up taking it to Verizon after putting my friends battery in it (cause his battery didn't show water damage) and they gave me a new one in 10 minutes. Sorry to ramble but when the inner working behind the keyboard get fried its pretty much a done deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 08:35 PM
    my first 8330 died after I had it in my pocket at a wedding, and my sweat and body heat made the keyboard die. If you dropped it in a puddle, I wouldn't be suprised if it were dead. Good luck fixing it though.
    07-10-10 08:06 AM
    this happened to my g/f's phone. water damage, lcd damage. did rice, lcd clear. keys didnt work. then just left it out for 5 days. all the keys and trackball click worked. patience.
    07-11-10 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD