My BB has been acting up for the past couple of weeks. My trackball wouldn't move in a certain direction (fixed that problem), the trackball presses enter on its own and when pressing certain keys (L, O, R...) the device does not input.

I tried the directions on the blackberry website (backup device and reflash) and it worked for a day. So a couple of days after that I upgraded to the 4.5 OS and the defect is still the same.

So my question is, can i exchange my phone for a new one (since its still under warranty) with the 4.5 OS? Or should I just revert back to the Older firmware and exchange? Any help would be great!
    07-01-08 02:41 PM
    You will need to revert back to an official OS from your Carrier.
    07-01-08 02:43 PM
    Before exchanging your device for a new one... I would revert to the original OS. Just wipe the handheld!!

I would do this anyhow, even if you had the original OS. That way they don't get your data!!

Back up with DM before you do this!!

And when you get your new device you can do the new device migration! Welcome to CrackBerry!! and good luck

(P.S. How long is the warranty on a new Berry? I forget!!)
    07-01-08 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses!

The manufacturer warranty is for a year, i got my curve in October, so I'm still covered.
    07-01-08 02:51 PM
    Oh yea, another question...can i just exchange it at AT&T or do I have to return it to RIM?
    07-01-08 02:53 PM
    Right at AT&T.
    07-01-08 02:59 PM
    Oh yea, another question...can i just exchange it at AT&T or do I have to return it to RIM?
    I'm pretty sure you would have to return it to RIM since the manufacturer's warrenty is valid for a year.
    07-01-08 02:59 PM
    I'm pretty sure you would have to return it to RIM since the manufacturer's warrenty is valid for a year.
    Take the phone back to AT&T after you revert back to the last OFFICIAL OS, and don't even breathe a word about installing OS v4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 03:10 PM
    Well it sounds like MacJD will have to call up the warranty department and prays that he gets a better 8310 then what he currently has! I know the 8300 replacements was just horrible in my experience!

Charlie
    07-01-08 04:44 PM
    Does anyone know what the official OS is?
    07-01-08 06:44 PM
    Wait nm..i got it. Its v4.2.2.170 if anyone was wondering too.

Wish me luck when I try and return it today!
    07-01-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD