Hey all -

I have a question about swapping carrier software on my 8320. I currently have a T-Mobile branded 8320, which is unlocked, which I use with my AT&T sim card. I was wondering if there's a way to install AT&T branded software onto this 8320 - so that I get rid of the T-Mobile themed icons and wallpapers and such.

I've done this sort of thing with Motorola Verizon / USC phone software before; I'm kind of new to BB's though and I was wondering if they're capable of the same thing.

Thanks!
    -Dirk
    03-18-09 11:08 PM
    Just delete the vendor.xml file.

Instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137573/
    03-18-09 11:14 PM
    You can load AT&T OS no problem, but the branding is in the Service Books not the software on Blackberrys.

You can use CrackMem to remove the T-Mo carrier theme during the OS install, but you will still see the T-Mo splash screen upon startup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 11:21 PM
    I just installed the lastest version for my 8310 (from some carrier in India) and I still get the ATT splash screen. If you download memmax you can get rid of the tmo my circle utility thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 12:34 AM
    Always remember OS's are device specific. If the OS says it's for you device, your good to go regardless of the Carrier.
    03-19-09 07:29 AM
    when changing carrier software, will the smartphone stay unlocked??
    04-22-09 02:05 PM
    Yes. Once a BB is unlocked, it can't be re-locked.
    04-22-09 02:57 PM
    I'm trying to load the AT&T curve 8320 software to replace the T-Mobile software, but it got me thinking... is it possible to load a different model's software on it? Say the new 8900 software?
    08-03-09 01:15 PM
    I'm trying to load the AT&T curve 8320 software to replace the T-Mobile software, but it got me thinking... is it possible to load a different model's software on it? Say the new 8900 software?
    absolutely not. os is built to work with the hardware. otherwise what's the point of releasing separate OSs for each phone?
    08-03-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD