I DLed MS Live Search today. I LOVE this free program.
    Anyhow - I was looking at the directions and playing around.

This is what I did:
    -I typed my address as the location the "Near" box
    -Scrolled to the steering wheel and clicked
    -Start: (your address) End: (click and choose "GPS Location")
    -Click "Get Directions"
    -It will say"Current GPS location unavailable. Use the last known position?"
    -Click "Use Previous"
    -It will retreive data...
    --You then receive directions from your location to WHERE???

Mine says LA, California around Compton Ave and E 75th street!!!
    Google maps shows me that the closest match to a business, since no address shows up, a "Superior Warehouse Grocers"

I HAVE used the GPS with Google Maps - so why California? This info is coming from the Blackberry GPS service.

Kind of cool - I know getting the program and all is a pain, but anyone interested in finding out where yours came from and posting?

Nick

PS - I got mine from VZW direct, not Ebay or anything, so the location makes NO sense.
    06-03-08 07:49 PM
    Sorry to bust your findings, but that so called last known position is not where your BB came from. I work for an EMS(Electronic Manufacturing Services) and we do subcontract from all kinds of customers, RIM use to be one of them. These BBs are now most likely being assembled, frabricated and programmed in Mexico(cheap labour) soon to be phased out from Canada. I also use live search and it shows my location to be from LA also. By the way i'm located in Canada and in behind the battery it says made in Canada.
    06-03-08 08:13 PM
    ^^^ If it says Made in Canada behind the door, it's "Made in Canada". The Mexico ones say Made in Mexico behind the door.
    06-03-08 08:20 PM
    Likely a default "last known" position from the programing of the code. Some�hing to mess with your head!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 08:26 PM
    My 8310 says Made in Hungary on the phone itself on the battery bay. And of course.. the battery says.. Made in China...
    06-03-08 08:27 PM
    I figured that was the case.
    It would be interesting to see what others have.

I also figured that the phone did not come from there based on the pics I saw.
    06-03-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD