The Wall Street Journal in partnership with Mdog.com have released a new shortcut application that allows you to click to the WSJ mobile site in one button from the home screen (the NYT offers a similar option). However, when I install it, I get this error message: uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n

I know this has to do with the application permissions but I went into all of the sub categories under the Advanced-Applications tab under Wall Street Journal to allow all types of connections. I also went into the WSJ module to allow all connections and still get the error. Any ideas?
    01-30-08 10:17 PM
    i've had the same problem
    01-31-08 12:18 AM
    I downloaded the shortcut directly from the WSJ site. Seems to work just fine.
    01-31-08 12:42 AM
    Same problem here. Has anyone found a fix yet?
    01-31-08 10:09 AM
    Haven't found a fix yet
    02-02-08 12:09 AM
    Tried it one more time and still nothing.
    02-12-08 12:48 AM
    Sorry to add to the misery of those who cannot get this shortcut installed. I just downloaded the WSJ shortcut for my 8800 device, it worked first time.
    02-12-08 02:35 AM
    Hi. I deleted the app b/c I got the same error then I reinstalled and toggled the 'set permissions' icon and changed a few of the 'deny's to 'allow's and it works now. Its pretty intuitive as to which denys I switched.
    02-20-08 12:07 PM
    Hello all. I have tried all of the above and still have the same problem. Has there been any more info on this?

Thanks.
    06-18-08 09:28 PM
    It seems to only support windows mobile phones
    06-18-08 10:11 PM
    I have the WSJ icon on my Curve 8320 and it runs fine. Very handy. I copied the app from my old 8700; don't remember how I got it originally - from some site that offered several other useful quicklaunch icons.
    My WSJ application properties are listed as vendor: mDog Corp, module: WallStreetJournal1_1. Now my husband has tried downloading the icon direct from the WSJ site to his 8320 and it won't run. His app version is 1.0. We've looked on mDog's site for ideas and don't see anything useful there. Any clues anyone?
    12-27-08 04:51 PM
    I put the mobile wsj site on my Curve weeks ago. It works very well! Go to:

online.wsj.com/public/page/mobile.html

This page directs you to type in "wsj.com". Delete the "www" in your browser before you do it. Go to the bottom of the page after wsj loads and your mobile reader link is there.
    12-28-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD