I upgraded my VZW Curve to 4.5 last night via the "online" Blackberry update system (I have an old Desktop manager with the mp3 ringtone editor that I'd really rather not upgrade and lose) - which seemed to work fine. After it was done I just went to bed without looking around at it too much.

Today I realize my entire address book is gone - I recall while it was updating that it backed up some stuff to a location somewhere on my PC - but for the life of me I can't remember the location it listed.

So I'd like to know - when I go home for lunch - will I be able to restore my address book from that backup - and if so - can someone tell me where it is located on my PC? Will my old Desktop manager (4.2 or 4.3 I think?) work with my new 4.5 OS on my Curve?
    12-03-08 09:11 AM
    You can use that backup and an older DM with your 4.5 OS. Finding it I can't help you with though. I have all mine save to a specific folder. I would simply go to Start > Search > all files and folders > Backup. If you initiate the backup it should save as Backup-date. If it is automatically done when you connect, it should save as Autobackup-date.

Although, you should just be able to open DM and hit restore. You don't need to load the file yourself.
    12-03-08 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD