Let me start out by saying I have 44mb of available mem, I close out my apps properly, my data plan/txt plan is sufficient, and I don't have a ton of third party apps. And yes, I've tried a battery pull.

That being said, when I send a pic from my phone as either an mms OR email, it takes foooooorever. I mean literally 2-5 minutes. I bring up the pic, select send as mms/email (depending) and select my desired contact from my address book. The screen lags there for a good 30 seconds. When I actually select "send," my phone locks up and stays on that screen for 5 minutes. Am I nuts here?? My pics deliver fine, but what is the issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 09:30 PM
    Hmmm...you are not alone: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/vzw...ms-slow-51081/
    Unfortunately, neither are you helped! Will keep looking...
    07-13-08 09:37 PM
    I know that when you mms a pic, it resizes it to meet the mms max resolution and file size. My 8310 "locks" up as well but mor like 20 seconds, not minutes.

I don't seem to have the issue when I email though.

I know this wasn't much help, lol sorry

07-13-08 09:39 PM
    I know that I checked my work emails a bit ago and VZW is having a MMS issue currently going on. There is a outtage in the NE area of the US NY, Jersey area. If you are located there this might be part of the problem
    07-13-08 09:46 PM
    Hah thanks guys... I figured this may be an issue that cannot be resolved, but its worth a try. I will seriously be best friends with whoever can help!

07-13-08 09:47 PM
    Had same issue on T-Mobile and ended up being something RIM had to address as got new service books. Try this as it helped a little: from home screen hold alt and type LGLG, the press menu and select options, if says warning change it to debug info and save, then press menu and clear log, then delete. also check service books for MMS config and MMS config 2.0, if have both delete only MMS config. pull battery with power on
    07-13-08 09:50 PM
    Nope, not in nj. No outage here. Plus this has been an ongoing issue.

Jcj, tried that... Still slow. Hmm.

07-13-08 09:53 PM
    Hah thanks guys... I figured this may be an issue that cannot be resolved, but its worth a try. I will seriously be best friends with whoever can help!

Well! I just lost the "Best Friend Status"
    07-13-08 10:05 PM
    Oh crack..

07-13-08 10:17 PM
    How do you have 44 megs free? The most I have had (even when brand new), was only 30.

07-14-08 08:03 AM
    How do you have 44 megs free? The most I have had (even when brand new), was only 30.

Brand new, your phone memory is full of stuff you don't need, like the sample video. Perform the Stoner procedure linked in my sig and you'll free significant memory and make your device much more stable.
    07-14-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD