Whenever I connect the my BB curve to USB, it shutsdown the BB. I get the red led on BB. Periodically it will try to come and connect but keeps shutting down. I had no problems with my earlier device, Pearl.

I have unisntalled and reinstalled the BB desktop software with no luck. When I look in device manager on my laptop, the Black Berry appears and disappears under USB devices.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!
    05-21-08 12:56 AM
    Could be a couple of things but since your phine is under warranty I'd make it Verizon's problem.

Take it back and ask them to transfer your data too.

It is just not worth risking the warranty on a brand new phone.
    05-21-08 02:52 AM
    They have already swapped two devices with no luck. I think something going on with the drivres may be. I also, tried all USBs on my laptop and with different USB cables.

You said it could be couple of things, please let me know what I could try.
    05-21-08 08:10 AM
    If you have BB Desktop set to sync automatically when connected, disabled that and sync manually. That cured all my problems.

Whenever I connect the my BB curve to USB, it shutsdown the BB. I get the red led on BB. Periodically it will try to come and connect but keeps shutting down. I had no problems with my earlier device, Pearl.

I have unisntalled and reinstalled the BB desktop software with no luck. When I look in device manager on my laptop, the Black Berry appears and disappears under USB devices.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!
    05-21-08 08:48 AM
    I coud not find the setting to sync manually. Please let me know where can I find it.
    05-21-08 09:54 AM
    Ok I found the setting under Sync, but the issue I'm having much before that..- pretty much whenever I connect to the USB it shutsdown the BB. In otherwords I don't get the device connected at all.

This happens whether Desktop Manager is currently running or not. It seems like some conflict somewhere but can not figure it out.
    05-21-08 10:29 AM
    I had a pearl and had no problems. I then got a curve for my wife and had the same issue. Verizon could not resolve it and sent me a new device with the same issue. I have now swapped it for a Pearl. I tried 3 different installations of the Desktop software (two CD's and one download) on two different pc's all with the same result. The curve shut down when trying to sync. I believe there is a bug in the software that neither Verizon or Blackberry has yet address (in the 8330 model). I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but wanted you to know you're not alone.
    05-22-08 12:05 AM
    Thanks AWM, it's comforting to know that I'm not alone. The VZW tech support is useless, most of the time they go by scripted answers and have no clue when we try to explain this. I demanded that I talk to RIM guys directly but the customer support manager said they can only do that if it's a network issue. We can call the RIM/BlackBerry guys directly but we will have to pay for it. The manager said they will credit 50 dollars if I want to talk to the RIM guys diectly, it's laughable.

It's pathetic that VZW waited this long to release the Curve and have not done enough testing. I'm not sure how could they miss some simple thing like this. Agreed if we do the installation on a freshly built laptop it may work fine, but no one is going to rebuild their laptops just because they bought Curve from Verizon.

Let's hope they address this issue soon. If you find anything please update the forum.
    05-22-08 12:16 AM
    AWM
    I found a post on the blackberry forums about this issue. Please try posting there also so that RIM will address this.

Here is the link

BB Shuts Down When Connecting To Desktop - BlackBerry® Desktop Software - BlackBerry® Support Community Forums

Also, there is another thread here that talks about same issue. Curve Reboot issues. Please check that out too.
    05-22-08 12:45 AM
    Is that only happening with VZ Curves? My 8330 with Sprint I picked up a couple days ago is working flawlessly.

Good luck to all who experience that!
    05-22-08 01:13 AM
    I've posted on blackberry as well. Verizon did eventually get Blackberry on the phone (as they seem to have no clue about this issue), but the lady just transferred me and I sat on hold for 45 minutes. By that time I hung up and returned the Curve and got the other Pearl. It seems strange the something so big would not be discovered during testing. If I had to guess, there is something that was changed in the software for the CDMA version that is causing this (or perhaps in Verizon's software). I don't know if the issue extends to Sprint or not.
    05-22-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD