All:

I recently updated my operating system on my VZW curve and I really like all of the added features. It is not causing my phone to crash or any other problems I have seen on this website.

However, my mobile internet is probably half as quick as it used to be. It seems to drag and drag before opening the page up. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to improve the speed?

Thanks.
    12-22-08 01:31 PM
    upgrade to the .97 beta.....it's much better
    12-22-08 02:18 PM
    Check to see if you are in an "3G" area. Look for a 1XEV at the top when you are on the home screen. If that is not there then your browser will be slower than when it is there. You could also check to see if JavaScript is turned on. Open the browser and go to options > Browser Configuration and uncheck the box for Support JavaScript. Many of the mobile pages you will visit have Java, but you don't really need have it running just to view the page. While you are in the options you can also change the image quality settings to speed things up. In the browser go to Options > General Properties and set the Image Quality setting to Medium or Low (low being the fastest).

asylvia is right though, 4.5.0.97 is much faster all around.
    12-22-08 02:43 PM
    I notice the slow browser speed in .77 as well, .89 took care of it for me...
    12-22-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD