I tried to download VZ navigator and found that it wont let me enter certain letters and numbers in the search and address field. Called Tech Support and its a known issue. So for now, its a standby until we fix the problem. I love that they know its an issue but still let me add the service to my account!
    05-14-08 04:30 PM
    I liked Google Maps better - plus its free! I have the Curve too!
    05-14-08 04:47 PM
    Nonsense like this makes me want to leave Verizon for the Iphone. They make us pay $10 to use the built in GPS that should be free, they know it doesnt work, but still let you sign up for it instead of being honest! Shame Shame!
    05-14-08 04:48 PM
    Bought the new curve. Downloaded VZ Navigator. Wouldnt work. Called tech support. Redownloaded the software and then the opening screen only took up 2/3 of the screen. After an hour with tech support, they made me get a new phone. Picked up the new phone. Downloaded VZ Navigator and all seemed to work. Used it on a trip yesterday. All worked except the voice. Called tech support again. They had me delete and redownload. Same problem happened again. Opening screen only fills 2/3 of the screen and now I cant type alot of the characters in the address area. It seems once you delete and redownload the software it comes up with this screen size problem. Happened to me with 2 different new phones. Has anyone gotten the VZ to work 100% ?
    05-18-08 10:43 AM
    Bought the new curve. Downloaded VZ Navigator. Wouldnt work. Called tech support. Redownloaded the software and then the opening screen only took up 2/3 of the screen. After an hour with tech support, they made me get a new phone. Picked up the new phone. Downloaded VZ Navigator and all seemed to work. Used it on a trip yesterday. All worked except the voice. Called tech support again. They had me delete and redownload. Same problem happened again. Opening screen only fills 2/3 of the screen and now I cant type alot of the characters in the address area. It seems once you delete and redownload the software it comes up with this screen size problem. Happened to me with 2 different new phones. Has anyone gotten the VZ to work 100% ?
    I have gone through all of the EXACT BS and still nothing.
    05-18-08 11:45 AM
    Thank YOU I hear again how much Verizon SUCKS
    05-18-08 12:40 PM
    Its nice to know others have been duped by Verizon. Im sure if any of you call right now they would gladly add the 10 bucks to your account and skip telling you that it wont work.
    05-18-08 01:15 PM
    Mine seems to work just fine..
    05-18-08 02:22 PM
    U can just download Google Maps...its has GPS built in
    05-18-08 03:18 PM
    I downloaded it last night, and have used it all day loading addresses of places I was running errands to. Seems to be working fine. I read somewhere on Crackberry google Maps is not gps based (in verizon phones at least), that it uses cell tower triangulation. I have it also, and it shows my location as miles away from where I am.
    05-18-08 05:06 PM
    i downloaded VZ Nav onto my curve and have no problems. my biggest beef with them is that the version of VZ Nav that they offer with the curve to download isn't the latest version with traffic, etc. so we are paying $10.00 month but not getting the latest and greatest that others who use non blackberry phones are getting.
    05-18-08 06:51 PM
    your running the VZ Nav for the 8130 thats the problem. You need to D/L the correct version. If you look at the ABOUT icon in VZ Nav it should read Device:RIM.BB8330. Your's probobly reads 8130 thus screen and character problem...

Go to http:forward slash forward slash mobile dot vzwapp dot com and download VZ Navigator there.....(I dont have 10 posts so I can't post link. Kinda crap is that)
    Remember to ensure permissions are set to ALLOW on: CONNECTIONS/INTERACTIONS/USER DATA

and set to DENY on:
    Browser Filtering/Screen Capturing

You'll be good to go guaranteed....Good luck.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 05-19-08 at 04:38 PM.
    05-19-08 01:34 PM
    Guys, before we start bashing, lets make sure that we know what we are talking about. Make sure that you have downloaded the correct version for your phone, and if so, then call tech support to get it fixed. The vast majority of people downloaded the 8330 version straight from the Blackberry 8330 home page and it works. It sure works great on mine.
    05-19-08 03:40 PM
    Works fine on mine no probs at all. I love vznav vs. other nav programs and I dont care about 10.00 a month. Well worth it. Verizon is the best carrier period!
    05-19-08 05:03 PM
    I am so tired of Verizon crippling their phones. Got my 8330 and just found that Garmin GPS software will work on most GPS PDA's, but not on Verizons.

VZNavigator is the worst GPS software out there. TeleNav is way better. Garmin for Mobile software is way better.
    05-19-08 05:34 PM
    I don't use vz nav on my curve - I use google maps that I downloaded for free. Its relativly accurate when using gps to determine "my location" and it shows traffic and directions... Why pay for something when u can get similar for free??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 05:43 PM
    I liked Google Maps better - plus its free! I have the Curve too!
    QFT.....

F VZNav.... Google maps is freeeeeee. And if you have a head on your shoulders you can figure out where you are with the approximate location that it provides.
    05-19-08 06:01 PM
    Once again google maps works great and is GPS.
    05-19-08 07:09 PM
    Works fine on mine no probs at all. I love vznav vs. other nav programs and I dont care about 10.00 a month. Well worth it. Verizon is the best carrier period!
    works for me too! Just used it for the first time today.
    05-19-08 09:44 PM
    Works Just fine for me. No problems.
    05-20-08 06:41 AM
    mine sends the gps request and then times out with an error message saying "make sure you are provisioned to use VZNavigator" I've had it on and off my bill twice now because of the different versions that are out there floating around that don't work properly. The tech guy told me last week that the update sholud be out this week...

are you guys all using version 2.9.9? I'd really like to get this working again.
    05-20-08 08:15 AM
    I am new to the forum, however I think that I have info for Verizon Curve users having problems with VZ Nav.
    I finally got a technician that knew what was going on. It seems that the link to download vz nav is the one for the Pearl. Here is what I was told to do.
    (1) delete vz nzv from your applications list.
    (2) go to your browser and click on "GO TO"
    (3) in the address bar type (mobile.vzw.com) (this is the correct browser for the curve). Note: Don't use www. just http:// along with the afforementioned address.
    (4) once this page appears, you should see the vz nav link. Click on link until Download button appears.
    (5) Important-place a check mark on the little box above the Download button of which should read allow application permissions. Now click on Download.
    (6) another box should pop up. Make sure that all apps read "ALLOW"
    (7) HIT YOUR MENU BUTTON AND THEN SAVE. Your download should now start automatically.
    (8) once the download is complete, reboot phone. When it reboots, click on vz nav icon to complete the process. It should work, it worked for me.
    Hope it Helps
    Last edited by MRJ; 05-20-08 at 08:01 PM.
    05-20-08 07:57 PM
    (2) go to your browser and click on "GO TO"
    (3) in the address bar type (mobile.vzw.com) (this is the correct browser for the curve). Note: Don't use www. just http:// along with the afforementioned address.
    that address is incorrect. The correct address for the CURVE is (mobile.vzwapp.com) DO NOT use www. DO use the http://

It's version 2.9.9 and if you click on the "about" link in VZ Nav it should read:

Version: 2.9.9 Build 120
    Device:BB RIM8330
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 05-20-08 at 08:51 PM.
    05-20-08 08:46 PM
    does google maps work on the vwz curve?
    05-20-08 10:22 PM
    your running the VZ Nav for the 8130 thats the problem. You need to D/L the correct version. If you look at the ABOUT icon in VZ Nav it should read Device:RIM.BB8330. Your's probobly reads 8130 thus screen and character problem...

Go to http:forward slash forward slash mobile dot vzwapp dot com and download VZ Navigator there.....(I dont have 10 posts so I can't post link. Kinda crap is that)
    Remember to ensure permissions are set to ALLOW on: CONNECTIONS/INTERACTIONS/USER DATA

and set to DENY on:
    Browser Filtering/Screen Capturing

You'll be good to go guaranteed....Good luck.
    Castro - Thanks for the post it worked perfectly. My issues was a little different, my browser would time out on trying to open the "Get VZ Navigator!" page. After @ 30 minuets on the phone with support they had to open a trouble ticket. I should have looked here first.
    05-29-08 10:41 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD