Hey everyone! I was looking around here on CB for some alternatives to YouTube. I found vuclip and had a question.

For the others that watch vids through vuclip, does it ask you if you want to open or save the vid before you can watch it? It won't let me watch any unless I save and download it first. (which takes forever) Does this sound right? If I just simply try to open the vid, it take me to Media Player and after it trys to buffer for a few minutes it will say "cannot view (or open, i can't remember) from network, save the media for local playback." What is going on there?

I was looking for alternatives to YouTube because EVERY time I try watching one of those vids I get "an error occurred while attempting to play media." That has been going on since I got phone.

I'm running OS 4.5.0.81. Does anyone know what is going on? Am I even able to view YouTube vids? I searched for similar issues but it seems there are many different answers and solutions going around.

Thank you!
    12-31-08 06:34 PM
    Have you tried tinytube?
    12-31-08 06:52 PM
    Have you tried tinytube?
    Yes. Unfortunately I get the same error when trying to view from YouTube. "An error occurred attempting to play media."
    12-31-08 06:53 PM
    I use vuclip if I want to watch a movie. When you download the file you can actual see the whole thing without it skipping. When I try to waych with youtube I can't even see but like 30 seconds even if I pause it and let it buffer for awhile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 07:40 PM
    I use vuclip if I want to watch a movie. When you download the file you can actual see the whole thing without it skipping. When I try to waych with youtube I can't even see but like 30 seconds even if I pause it and let it buffer for awhile.

But when you go to youtube you don't get the error message right? The one vid that did come up thru youtube didn't even work. The picture and the sound were completely distorted! You couldn't make out anything.
    12-31-08 07:50 PM
    I use to get the cannot play media error too, just clear all of you're history and stuff before you watch videos on youtube, that solved the problem for mem. So it may work for you also

12-31-08 08:17 PM
    I use to get the cannot play media error too, just clear all of you're history and stuff before you watch videos on youtube, that solved the problem for mem. So it may work for you also
    I'll try this. But I'm pretty sure my history is always clear. I'm really OCD about stuff like that so I clear all my logs and history numerous times a day. Ha.
    12-31-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD