SO I just got my 8300 today and was noticing that the volume rocker on the side doesn't click when I push the buttons and it's very hard to get the volume to adjust. Is this normal, or do I have a defunct curve?
    01-20-09 06:34 PM
    I would take it back.. Mine pushs smoothly. Could cause you trouble in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 06:48 PM
    I recently bought a Curve from someone, it was used but pretty much brand new, about a month old they said.

And I had the same problem, the volume keys seemed stuck and very tight, but I've had it for a few days now and after a while of using it they seem to be getting better now. I think it's just like that at first, but it should get loose a bit later.
    01-20-09 06:49 PM
    Shawon, I just got a brand new replacement phone (not refurbished) today, and my volume rocker was not like that. Why not use your warranty while you have it and make sure you get a phone you know doesn't have any physical problems??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 06:55 PM
    You should get a replacement. No question. This is a manufacturing fault. The external button presses on a plastic membrame (to keeo dust out) and that operates a tiny mechanical switch on the mainboard of the phone.
    01-20-09 06:58 PM
    So i opened up a plan with verizon yesterday at 9pm, as of 5pm today they had to give me a new curve cause the m key was stuck on capslock. so if I have to return this curve also that'll make 3 phones in less than 36 hours.
    01-20-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD