Hi guys-

I just did the theme unlock to get all of the vendor themes, and I happened to notice that in the Blackberry.alx file, there was an entry under the Verizon settings for "Voicenotes".

This is one of the biggest things I miss about my previous phone, and I would love to have that functionality again.

Does anyone know how to activate the ".cod" file listed under the "Voicenotes" section in the .alx file?

If not, can anyone recommend any 3rd party apps?

Thank you!

--Zinger
    09-01-07 01:02 AM
    While I dunno how to edit the .alx file for it (actually I have an idea but Im not gonna be responsible for messing up your curve lol), I can reccomend a 3rd party app that will help you, grab it here
    note: The free trial will not allow you to email the voicenotes (after 7 days) but if that is not a concern for you then you can use it for free.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-01-07 at 01:17 AM.
    09-01-07 01:04 AM
    So, there is no voicenotes app on the 8300 from AT&T? You can copy and paste that line into one of the other lines underneath one of the theme .cod's that's loaded to your device and see if it'll pick up the voicenotes .cod. Or you can simply use javaloader to load it to the device.

The voicenote app only sends voicenotes to others via MMS or through BBMessenger. It's not a real full service voicenote app. It saves them somewhere but then you have to search the device to find it. Not a real smooth system.
    09-01-07 01:23 AM
    Yeah, the default voicenote app on the ATT 8300 is *only* for sending them to other people. I'm not interested in that...I'm interested in capturing voicenotes for personal review at a later time. (parking location, random thoughts, etc) On my Motorolas, there was a dedicated button for this feature, and I used it nearly every day. I'm LOVING my BB, but definitely miss the native voicenote recording.

Bla1ze, the app you recommended looks like it will work perfectly! Thank you!

Time to go to bed now. Getting sleepy....

Thanks again!

--Zinger
    09-01-07 01:29 AM
    I agree with Zinger! I miss that feature on my Curve. I had a RAZR v3xx before and I could record an unlimited amount of voice. I would use it constantly to "jot down" ideas as they popped into my head.

If this can't be done with the Curve, are there any third party apps that JUST record and store?
    09-01-07 10:14 AM
    This was answered in my post
    09-01-07 12:06 PM
    Nicely done, Bla1ze...

Issue resolved / question(s) answered...
    09-01-07 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD