I'm a newbie to BB but I've been quietly reading the forums from day one of ownership so I feel like I've learned quite a bit from this forum. One thing I haven't found occurs when someone leaves me a voice mail.

I get the notification message on the screen that I have a voice mail and then I see two options to select:

1) Ok
    2) Save

Both seem to do the exact same thing when selected, which is just remove the message pop up. I apologize in advance if I missed this from my searches but could someone explain the difference between the two? I would think one might actually allow me to call my voice mail from the pop up message?

Thanks in advance!
    06-13-08 03:21 PM
    If you click ok it will just leave the voicemail icon (little cassette) on your page. If you hit save it will give you a text saying you have a voicemail. That is the only difference I have noticed.
    06-13-08 03:25 PM
    The first option makes sense to me but I don't get the second. Why would someone want a separate text that they have a voice mail?

Either way, thanks for the reply!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 04:12 PM
    yea thats the only difference i have found in my use of the Curve. the only reason i can think of that someone would want to hit save is to have a double reminder that they have vmail? haha who knows

you can also call your vmail by hitting the Send key to get to the call log and then hitting the Menu key to open the full menu and slecting Call Voicemail.
    06-13-08 04:16 PM
    Thanks, I usually just hit "Ok" and then use my #1 speed dial to access voice mail.

Maybe that's why I never saw a difference? I usually check voicemail right away.

06-13-08 04:19 PM
    Save just saves the vm notification in the saved messages folder.

Ryan

06-13-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD