Called Voicemail, listened to message, thought I deleted and hung up. VM indicator icon won't go away. Called ATT, they were useless - hopefully here someone can tell me how to clear that manually? I call VM back, voice prompt tells me "no messages". Thanks - first glitch so far. 8310 on ATT.
    02-04-08 08:11 PM
    Try a battery pull with the device on.
    02-04-08 08:14 PM
    Tried that out of the box sans success. I cleared this once previously although I can't remember how. Hopefully someone else can assist. I don't think this is a 8310 issue so much as a ATT problem. Maybe I'll go search their website. Thanks for the suggestion.
    02-04-08 09:06 PM
    i had this happen to me once but not with a BB its an AT&T network issue. you have to call AT&T i know that painful to do and have your voicemail reset then the icon will go away. this doesen't hapeen all the time i just hung up for years and then that happened to me so i do it this way and i've been fine ever since.

They told me that once you delete a voicemal hit * and the voicemail lady recording will tell you "goodbye" then hang up
    02-05-08 07:46 AM
    That's what I did last night and it still didn't work. So, I'm going to call those worthless idiots again today and see what they say next.
    02-05-08 09:07 AM
    Let me know if you have any success. I have an 8130 and I'm with Sprint and I'm having the same issue today.
    02-05-08 04:21 PM
    I had the same problem with my 8300. I called my cell and left a message using my home phone. Then I checked my voicemail and deleted the message I left. This cleared the icon.
    03-20-08 07:32 PM
    I had the same problem with my 8300. I called my cell and left a message using my home phone. Then I checked my voicemail and deleted the message I left. This cleared the icon.
    That's the way to do it. No need to call. It happens when you exit your vm without saving. Hit the * key after deleting and wanting to exit vm.

The box doesn't get a chance to send it to your device.
    03-20-08 07:40 PM
    I've had this exact same problem with my BB - and I don't even use voicemail! I have it completely disabled on my phone because I don't want people leaving messages for me and me having to use up precious minutes to listen to them.

I called Verizon Tech Support and they had me try the battery pull (no luck) and then they tried "something else" on their end (no luck) and then they said the only way to fix it would be to have the device completely reset by Verizon at one of their stores and then reload everything back onto the phone. Abolutely ridiculous!!! I said no way.

After reading everything about this problem on Crackberry I decided to have Verizon turn my voicemail back on, so I could call my phone and leave a message. I then called *86 to listen to it and delete it and then press * to disconnect. Bingo! Annoying voicemail icon is now gone. I called Verizon again to have them turn voicemail back off. Problem solved...once again with the help of Crackberry.
    07-23-08 07:14 AM
    I had this same problem and i was able to fix it without installing the Operating System (Thank God!) My exact problem was that I had the voice mail message indicator (envelope) stuck on my phone when i had no new voice mails. I did go into the "view folder" and delete all missed calls and text messages. However, this did not fix the problem. What actually did fix it was when I called my phone and left a voice mail using my home phone. I listened to my voice mail then hit 7 to delete message (AT&T provider). As soon as i did that the message indicator finally went away. Yea that actually worked, lol. The indicator was at 1 Envelope and did not change to 2 when i left my voice mail using my home phone. Also, the reason i believe it got stuck on there was because after listening to the voice mail that caused the problem, I hit 7 to delete then accidentally hit another button close to the 7 key and that's what caused a permanent message indicator, and or i ended the call with vioice mail too quickly. I think I'm gonna be more careful next time, lol. After reading this particualr forum i see that other people have done the exact same thing, but i gonna post mine anyways, lol.
    Last edited by Chav3z; 10-03-08 at 09:52 AM.
    10-03-08 09:50 AM
    I have a sprint BB 8330 and recently got the same issue. After being on the phone with sprint tech support for a half hour I went through my call log and deleted all the calls that were missed even if I had called them back and that cleared the vm icon. I then put it to the test and called my phone and didn't answer but hung up before the vm kicked in so that it would show that I had a missed call and the icon came back. Once I deleted the missed call out of my call log the icon went away. For those who havent tried that give it a try and see if that corrects the problem. Remember you have to delete missed call even if you called the number back and it no longer shows as a missed call but an outgoing call it still needs to be deleted before the icon will go away.
    12-10-08 04:42 PM
    very frustrating I know, I had this issue with the Pearl (8100) and I just kept calling and calling my VM. I believe this is an issue with AT&T, NOT your phone. My solution was to wait it out...I believe it took about 3-4 days if I remember correctly. This happened about 6-8 months ago. Good Luck!
    12-10-08 04:45 PM
    Just started happening to me today. First time I've missed my WinMo phone since making the switch. WinMo has an option to force the icon to go away.
    12-14-08 03:41 PM
    try leaving a message from a landline and then check that message from your BB and delete the message and it should clear icon................worked for me
    04-10-09 02:46 PM
    try leaving a message from a landline and then check that message from your BB and delete the message and it should clear icon................worked for me
    Are you kidding? This thread is 4 mos old, and the solution was posted back on post #7 already.

There are better ways of increasing your post count...
    04-10-09 02:51 PM
    I can confirm this solution worked for me on a 9000... I think * now sounds like the best way to "hang up" from a VM call too. It hangs up for you just like hitting end, except it registers in the VM system so that it saves your commands.
    04-13-09 04:28 PM
    Are you kidding? This thread is 4 mos old, and the solution was posted back on post #7 already.

There are better ways of increasing your post count...
    Not your job... Unless I missed the "Forum Moderator" tag under your name. Mind your business. People are simply confirming that the solution works (like I just did), so that others know it's the actual solution.

In fact, your unnecessary "chime in" only increased your "post count."

But thank you for allowing me to increase my "post count" (as if my life revolved around it)... I really appreciate it
    04-13-09 04:30 PM
    thanks for the post sandos. why would someone get mad about you posting good info even if it is a little old? more info never hurt anybody.
    04-13-09 05:16 PM
    Okay...Now I have a twist to this thread....my indicator was stuck too...it finally came off (now idea how), but NOW I have the opposite problem...NO indicator when I do have a voicemail!! Ugh...help..this is worse..I have missed important msgs
    08-25-09 09:27 PM
    Check it out guys, I upgraded to .297 a few days ago also..i didnt like VVM, so ended up calling ATT to get my original VM set up...THEY SCREWED IT UP BIG TIME!!!! No disrespect to the CSR, but after being on the phone with them for 2 friggen hours, my patience was tested! Anyhow, DAY 2!!!! i still dont have my VM set up and my icon wont go away, i have searched these dang forums for a friggen solutionm but nothing!!!! It doesnt matter how old this friggen thread is you freaks, its the help that some people get from here like myself! I DONT GIVE A S*** ABOUT MY POST COUNT, AS FAR AS I CARE I'D RATHER BE A NOOB ANYWAYS!!! Anyone that claims to be a CrackBerry Genius, or a Crackberry Master will still have to learn new things about our devices....SO RELAX YOU PREMADDONAS, ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE, AND HELP OTHERS SEE THE LIGHT AS YOU DO AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR SO STUCK UP YOUR A*****.........!
    08-29-09 04:36 AM
    Check it out guys, I upgraded to .297 a few days ago also..i didn't like VVM, so ended up calling ATT to get my original VM set up...THEY SCREWED IT UP BIG TIME!!!! No disrespect to the CSR, but after being on the phone with them for 2 friggen hours, my patience was tested! Anyhow, DAY 2!!!! i still don't have my VM set up and my icon wont go away, i have searched these dang forums for a friggen solution but nothing!!!! It doesn't matter how old this friggen thread is you freaks, its the help that some people get from here like myself! I DONT GIVE A S*** ABOUT MY POST COUNT, AS FAR AS I CARE I'D RATHER BE A NOOB ANYWAYS!!! Anyone that claims to be a CrackBerry Genius, or a Crackberry Master will still have to learn new things about our devices....SO RELAX YOU PREMADDONAS, ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE, AND HELP OTHERS SEE THE LIGHT AS YOU DO AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR SO STUCK UP YOUR A*****.........!
    The only way I figured out on how to get icons to go away is to do a wipe, not an OS wipe. It worked for me, just make sure you have a back-up of your data/3rd party apps before this problem occurred.

Also try a battery pull before you do the wipe, it might fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tripster; 08-29-09 at 05:20 AM.
    08-29-09 05:16 AM
    I have the BlackBerry Pearl 3G 1900 with Telus Mobility and on the home screen it shows the voicemail icon all the time. I called my voicemail and it says I have no new message or any messages for that matter. I even changed my personal options, pulled the battery and restarted it, nothing helps. Anyone have any suggestions? Please and thank you.
    11-04-10 04:43 PM
    So I was having this issue on my Curve 8530, came here for a solution and found that the way that actually worked for me was to call my phone from another line, leave a message (just one of those annoying hang up as VM picks up ones) and then went to my voicemail and deleted it. The second I deleted the "new" message, the icon went away. I tried a lot of things before that (battery pull etc) and was just on the phone with AT&T tech support because my earphone jack isn't working.

The only way I found a solution to this was the call yourself suggestion. It definitely works. Or at least it did for me!
    Aace likes this.
    11-09-10 03:17 PM
    This worked! Thanks for the reminder. I have done this before but couldn't remember. I did not have to call the CSSC....thankfully.
    10-27-11 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD