Voicemail icon appears everytime my 8300 sees the network after a reset of any kind. If I call to leave and then delete a voicemail it clears. So now I even have a hot key to go through all the prompts to do this semi automatically. PITA, really
    08-27-08 09:06 AM
    I have heard that some carriers that icon is triggered by their voicemail system. Basically as long as their system is telling your phone you have voicemail that icon will show up no matter what phone you have. If I recall correctly there is something specific that must be done to get that thing cleared so that it no longer tells you that there is voicemail when there is none. I've never had the icon persist after getting a new voicemail for the purpose of accessing voicemail to delete it to clear the icon. And that was always on other phones. I never had a problem with that while I had my BB. I hardly have ever had problems and I have been a customer with sprint for over 12 years now and always wonder why so many other have issue with them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:23 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    02-01-09 03:06 AM
    Huh, my problem is just the oppisite, I never get any voicemail indications when I have one, I have to just go to it when I have a missed call to see if one was left, I just figured that it was because I had the storm prior to curve and was using visual voicemail so now I dont get any indications with the curve, figured it was more of a service issue rather then the phone itself.
    02-01-09 12:45 PM
    ...then retrieve and delete it. That's worked for me! Icon disappears as soon as you delete.
    04-25-09 12:14 PM
    ...then retrieve and delete it. That's worked for me! Icon disappears as soon as you delete.
    Yes this should work as well. sometimes the mail waiting indicator (MWI) gets hung in the swtich. This kinda gives it a kick
    04-25-09 12:25 PM
    you, or a friend needs to call your phone, let it goto VM and leave one. Then, check your voicemail and delete it.. the network should send the clear icon signal and refresh it on your phone. Works every time for me..

Ryan
    DUH! I feel like an *****. That fixed the problem. Ugh, I hate when there are message icons on my screen. Perhaps I have OCD.
    09-17-09 11:13 AM
    you, or a friend needs to call your phone, let it goto VM and leave one. Then, check your voicemail and delete it.. the network should send the clear icon signal and refresh it on your phone. Works every time for me..

Ryan

Thank you. It really help me.
    09-20-10 07:45 PM
    I've tried pulling the battery on my Blackberry Verizon Curve, going to Verizon VM and leaving the system properly by hitting *, also calling my Voicemail and leaving a message while using another phone. None of this worked in getting the Fake Voicemail icon off of my phone.
    01-13-12 02:00 PM
    I have heard that some carriers that icon is triggered by their voicemail system. Basically as long as their system is telling your phone you have voicemail that icon will show up no matter what phone you have. If I recall correctly there is something specific that must be done to get that thing cleared so that it no longer tells you that there is voicemail when there is none. I've never had the icon persist after getting a new voicemail for the purpose of accessing voicemail to delete it to clear the icon. And that was always on other phones. I never had a problem with that while I had my BB. I hardly have ever had problems and I have been a customer with sprint for over 12 years now and always wonder why so many other have issue with them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The leave yourself a voicemail, listen, and delete method is a terrific workaround. I've used it often.

I'm with you thinking it's a carrier glitch. It used to happen once in a while on my Sprint 8330m, but it has never happened on my 9650 ... when I'm on the Sprint network. Sometimes it happens when I switch to gsm (to my T-Mobile SIM card), and there's a voice mail there. I never check it from the T-Mobile SIM (I use that for sending certain international texts), because I don't want to use my prepaid minutes on voice. Instead, I switch back to CDMA/Sprint, and check my T-Mobile voicemail from there. Then I delete it. Usually the voicemail notification icon disappears, but sometimes it stays. That makes me think it's carrier or network related.
    01-18-12 02:20 PM
    Iv always had the "false voicemail" notification on my BB style 9670, and iv had the phone for id say a little over a year and it bugged me alot, i even get fake facebook notifs but i deleted facebook frome my phone, but anyway, this is the only thing that has worked for my phone, i really appreitate it. Thanks alot
    07-04-13 11:48 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD